Thank you, Erika, for my VERY FIRST blogger award!!!
For this award, here's what to do:
- Thank whoever gave you the award.
- Tell 7 things about yourself that readers may not know.
- Pay it forward by nominating 10 bloggers you've recently discovered.
So, I've been pondering the 7 things, because I share EVERYTHING on here. Since it says MAY not know, that leaves open some doors, for if you missed a post here or there, I can go into more detail about some things. And I want them to be really, really goood facts about myself. Not good as in beefing up my ego, but good as in, "wow! I had no idea!" good. So here goes.
- I am a smoker. Horrid horrid thing about me. I have been trying to quit, and have cut back dramatically, and trust me, I KNOW that I start my injections in 4 days. I know this. I don't need the guilt...I do that to myself. I have managed to give up caffeine, alcohol, mood stabilizing medications, etc. I am having the hardest time with smoking. I did manage to get an e-cigarette, and I use that more than anything else, so that's an improvement. I'm getting there. I promise. I'm not going to screw up my chances....it's just taking me longer than I thought.
- I used to skydive. I voluntarily jumped out of an airplane 11 times solo, and 2 tandem. And I miss it. If I had money instead of a herniated disc in my neck, I would be working on my license again, because it is the BEST high in the world. Adrenaline galore. And at the same time, the most peaceful place and feeling in the world. It's just you and your mind up there...love it. Miss it.
- My dream job would be to be travel journalist/photographer...or a photographer for National Geographic. Hey, dream big, right?
- I was married by the Cat in the Hat. No really, I was. We had an Elvis Blue Hawaii Luau with Dr. Seuss vows and readings....we gave my best friend Emo, who performed the ceremony for us, the option of dressing as Elvis or a Dr. Seuss character. We got Cat in the Hat, and people were totally confused. It was fabulous. LOL.
- My closet looks like it belongs to a schizophrenic. I just have no specific personal style. I am part hippie, part punk/goth, and part whatever-is-lying-on-the-floor-and doesn't-smell. It confuses people. It amuses the hell out of me.
- You know I have tattoos. What you don't know is that i have a total of 10 tattoos, one of which is not complete yet. That one in particular is my IF tattoo, but I'm not posting it at this point. It will either be finished in August....or next year. The next few weeks will tell. There are 2 others that will be added to, but the IF one is my current priority.
- Ack! Need a number 7! OH! I work in technical support - and I am completely technologically inept. Seriously. DH plays video games...I grew up without them or cable. It took me 6 months to figure out the PS3 remote so I could watch NetFlix. Not kidding. I have an IQ over 140, but technology is beyond me. I would be happy being mostly off the grid. I think I'd go through withdrawal for a while, but realistically, I could do. DH would be a miserable SOB. LOL. When I'm not at work, it goes like this, "HUBBY.....make it work!!!" LOL. Seriously.
Ten People I am nominating....
- Shannon at I before E except after C
- Niki at My Accidentally On Purpose
- Nicole at Maybe Momma Someday
- Kelly at The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow
- Calliope at Creating Motherhood
- Gil at The Hardest Quest
- Foxy at Someday
- Babymaker at Venting Vagina
- Sparkly Things Distract Me (couldn't find her name, fake or otherwise)
- Circus Princess at Circus Children
That last part was actually really difficult....had to think who was newer to me...I love you all, I promise! Thanks again, Erika, and Happy Monday to you all.
Still no functional computer, so bear with me and any weird looks to the posts. T-minus 4 days!!!!! Excited today. Going with it :)