- The roomies will have all their stuff out by the 16th. Woohoo!
- This is good because Hubby's mom is coming! She has to do some work in NY and is going to spend the weekend of the 22nd with us! *does a little jig* She will be the first of his family to meet P!
- Which means I need to CLEAN. Thus, it's a good thing for 2 bullets above.
- It also means I need to figure out a way to get off that Saturday...
- ...and speaking of work, I haven't heard from that other job yet. And I'm trying now to get more hours at work given our new situation...
- ...and speaking of THAT, Hubby applied for unemployment, because apparently it is a rumor that if you are an independent contractor you can't apply. *Fingers crossed*
- Cuz you know, paying rent is a good thing. And other stuff.
- Like daycare..do we keep it or toss it? I have an FSA for daycare - if I take him out, I have to cancel that, and can't get it back until open enrollment. I am of the opinion that it's too early to make that decision.
- But I HAVE made the decision to purchase a new pump with some of the funds sent by FIL for baby gates (the leftover)...my nipples feel like I've never BF before. Cracks, bleeding, PAIN. Time to try something different.
- So if you heard a yell this morning, that was me when P latched on. I get off on getting piercings and tattoos...this IS NOT THE SAME. I now get why people have a hard time adjusting.
- But we got P weaned off of formula at home...well, mostly. I am willingly topping off his evening meal with 2oz of formula to encourage a sleepy baby. Some nights I even get nearly 4 hours straight out of him! In his cradle!
- I don't feel guilty. He is still more than 50% on BM - probably closer to 75%, at the minimum.
- Speaking of BBs, I still haven't popped the postpartum cherry. Though, after a few drinks Monday I DID ask the neighbor if he would get his daughter to babysit so we could. LOL.
- Have any of you thought about explaining safe sex to a child conceived in a petri dish? "Well honey, when a man loves a woman..." "But mommy, that's not how I was made." "...." Hmmm, time to order those cool books for kids of ART. And reference a biology book so I don't fuck up the facts. You know, since I can't imagine how it actually works that way.
- Which made me think that a great re-name for my blog would be "Out Of The Petri Dish, Into The Fire. Tagline: From Infertility to Parenthood " Bahahaha, crack myself up! And if any of you steal that, I will hunt you down! Because I still may use it for something! Too bad I would be terrible at writing a book.
- And with that, I have written plenty. Ciao! Enjoy the holiday weekend!
Friday, July 1, 2011
Friday Night Leftovers: Stream of Consciousness
I lie awake at night making sure P is asleep, or when he is nursing, and write posts in my head and then promptly forget them the next morning. They tend to jump from one thing to another in what is a logical fashion for me. Let's see if I can kinda recreate some of it.
Posted by Kakunaa at 7:58 PM