Sunday, July 3, 2011

30 Day Infertility Blog Challenge: Day 2

Discuss the most ridiculous thing you ever heard about conception. Where did you hear it? Did it work for someone else? Did you try it?


I think what we heard the most was to GET DRUNK.  Well, hell, if that did it, I'd be a mom a hundred times over!


Some other favorites:

  • Keep your legs up for 30 minutes after sex (from a DOCTOR!!!) - incidentally, the rest of her advice was accurate.
  • Doggy style.  Works every time.  You didn't know?
Actually, that's about it, other than the usual "Relax", "Stop thinking about it" and "Adopt".

I am kind of amazed since we were openly trying, and I was incredibly verbal about it.  Can't believe we didn't get more.  Maybe I have simply blocked the assvice out of my memory banks...That actually makes more sense.

Did I try it?  Hmmm, I did try the legs up thing.  Until I feared a massive UTI.  Which, by the way, I got anyway.  Bastard.  

Doggy style?  No more than usual ;-)

Get drunk?  As often as possible.  Oh, you mean combined with sex?  Not often, honestly.  During that time frame, if I got drunk, I was too drunk to make THE SEX.  

Did it work for someone else?  Apparently doggy style drunk was a good combo for a friend of mine who tried for 15 years.  15 freaking years.  She also asked the spirit of her grandmother for help.  And that's when she got pregnant.  So take your pick.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)