Friday, July 22, 2011

30 Day Infertility Blog Challenge: Day 21

21.What is your favorite infertility-related quote? It doesn’t have to be explicitly related to infertility, but one that means something to your personal journey.

I mentioned this a few posts ago.  Hubby and I have a plaque we bought on our honeymoon.  It has a bear with a lightning bolt through it (we lived in Big Bear at the time, plus LOVE the Native American symbology), and it says:

All your dreams come true if you have the courage to pursue them.

Every time I got discouraged, every time I couldn't believe we would ever be parents, Hubby would point at it and yell at me.  "Why do we have that hanging?  Do you want me to take it down?  I guess we should take it down if you can't believe in it."

Man did that work.  It was like a slap in the face every time.  Which, as a hysterical hormonal mama-wannabe, worked for me.  After transfer when we had the photo of Itsy and Bitsy, we framed it, along with my id bracelets from retrieval and transfer, and hung it under that plaque.

It's not a great frame job, and one day it will be framed in a more special manner.  But it's there.  And will always be hung together.  Because we found the courage, and got our dream.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post G. Really touching and I want that plaque too!!

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)