Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers: Bedrest Blues

Forgot to do this last week...but I'm here today!
  • Our pregnancy photo shoot is today!!!  Highlight of my week!!!  Which led to this conversation:
    • Hubby:  Awww, I have to shave?  But it takes a month for it to really fill in!
    • Me:  Yeah, I know.  That's how my legs are.  But it will grow back.
  • I have had a ridiculously emotional week - I think it's lack of being able to physically get out stress and emotions.  No tattoos, no piercings, no sex, no crazy cleaning. 
  • Colliwog moves out today.  I totally thought it was next week, but yeah...I'm braindead.
  • Frog and Pixie ambushed me Tuesday.  Showed up unannounced with their daughter.  I had raccoon eyes, greasy hair, and no way to fidget.  Shook the whole time.  I imagine it was unannounced so I couldn't veto, but I was NOT MENTALLY PREPARED.  Fucked me up for 2 days.  I could have done a whole post on this, but I was just too overwhelmed with emotions to try and figure them out and get it down.  Maybe next week.
  • There is a house around the corner that is going to be forclosed upon soon, and go for REALLY cheap.  (bad grammar, I know)  Hubby is all excited because this might be our opportunity to buy a house.  Problem?  I can't get past the fact that the man and his daughters that live there have nowhere to go and have had a rough time of it.  It makes my heart ache for them.  And I don't know if I can benefit from someone else's suffering. 
  • My cats have a sock fetish.  And they have been sleeping in a drawer of baby clothes (out of dresser because of sanding) - which equals pairs of baby socks strewn across my already disastrous house.  And Buddha found a "carseat toy" and thinks it's a chew toy.  There is going to have to be some deliniation soon - yours vs. baby's.  LOL.
  • Speaking of the furbabies, Colliwog has managed to teach the dog the command "Eat Cat" - this is a dog that only mastered "sit" and "stay" before refusing any further training.  But no shit, he responds to "Eat cat" when said with the right inflection. 
  • I am typing this with the laptop on Buddha's back as he feels it necessary to sit on my lap in the recliner.  He's 45 lbs.  He IS NOT a lap dog.  Try telling him that. 
I think I had more, but again, braindead.  I am off to get prettied and stuff ready for the photo shoot!!! So stoked! 

Happy Friday, y'all.

***Right after I published this I got a call that my grandfather passed away this morning, peacefully, in his sleep, surrounded by family.  I am hoping I can go to a service, safely...***

11 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your grandfather, it sounds like he went surrounded by love though.
    About buying the house that's foreclosing. Somebody will buy it, why not you? Sad about the family but you won't help them by not buying, nothing wrong with helping yourself.
    Have fun at your photo shoot!! I totally loved ours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your grandpa! My thoughts are with your family. I am excited for your maternity shoot. Are you going to share the photos with us? I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so sorry about your grandadad! Big hugs my friend. Not long now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, honey, I'm so sorry about your grandfather!! ((hugs))

    That is tough about the foreclosure house -- but, think of it this way, if you get it you will respect and remember the people who lived there. If others do, then their presence would just remind you.

    Can't wait to see the maternity photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your belly bump looks awesome lovely lady and I can';t wait to see the pis from the professional shoot! That cat/belly/cheeseburger photo had me laughing for days cause my cat tries to lay on me in the weirdest ways, lol. Hope your weekend is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather but it sounds like he had a peaceful passing surrounded by love.

    Can't wait to see your maternity pics. I'm sure you're going to be one hot mama.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. You have a lot going on right now...keep taking good care of yourself. I can't imagine how it feels to be on bedrest. Sounds as though your pets are taking good care of you though. I don't know what I would do without my pups! I hope your photo shoot was a blast today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry about your grandfather sweetie :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, I hope you can safely get over to the service also.
    Your maternity pics are going to be awesome! Can't wait to see. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your grandad, hope you can get to a service. How awful of frog and pixie, please post more about that if you can. I know it's hard not getting that emotional release, you are doing your best to get through this. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am so sorry to hear about your granddad :(

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)