Saturday, February 19, 2011

31w0d

WEEKLY UPDATE


How far along: 31 weeks 0 days. Cricket is the size of a large squash. Approximately 17-19 inches, 3-4 lbs. Cricket's senses are all working which is pretty darn cool! 

Total Weight Gain: 150 lbs today - that makes 36.5 lbs gained.  Doc says we are fine, so I will stop fretting.

Maternity clothes:  Hell yeah!  And I now make an effort to put on real clothes every day, as comfy as possible, but so I feel like less of a bum.

Sleep: Ahhh, I love sleep, interrupted though it may be.  The other night Hubby came to bed when Cricket was REALLY active, so I had him feel - he said, "How do you sleep through this?!?!?!"  LOL.

Movement: I can't get enough of it :)  Definitely more wiggly than kicky, but she still delivers a good blow now and then.

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings: Chocolate. Bad me. French fries, pizza, and the never ending need for California/Shrimp rolls. Aversions: Red meat.

Sex: There is NO SEX in the Champagne room.

Symptoms: Heartburn gastrointestinal pyrotechnics are here.  Blech.  Very short of breath (stairs are evil).  All the usual suspects.

What I miss:  Belly sleeping, sex. 

What I look forward to: Belly button poppage, although I am beginning to think it may never happen. Blog meet up tomorrow. Baby shower in 3 weeks.  Getting photos back next week to share!!!

Moods: Cried at the drop of a hat all week.  But I think I'm coming around.  Though I am a bit panicky realizing that there is so much to be done.  C'est la vie.  Remember to breathe.

Milestones: Maternity photos! And another week with Cricket still inside!

Medical Concerns: Hypothyroid, anxiety, migraines, bursitis, PTL (ie Helga is a cranky bitch), incompetent cervix. Ready for the list? Syn.throid 50 mcg, Zo.loft 100 mg, Iron, D3, B12, Vitamin C, Folic acid, stool softeners. Flexeril a bit longer, Tylenol 3 for the migraines, Procardia 20 mg 3x/day, Unisom so I sleep a bit better.

Saw another OB this week from the group (who actually admitted me to the hospital twice, just hadn't met yet) and LOVED her.  She was phenomenal.  She cracked me up.  We talked about stopping meds at 34 weeks and what not.  Then she said if I reach 39 weeks we will start talking induction.  Bahahahaha. 

Weekly Wisdom: 1:  Those little travel neck pillows make great bump supporters for sleeping.  2: A full length mirror is key when trying to shave body parts which one can no longer see.  3: Oh, wait, I think I only had 2.

Best moment this week: 1: Hubby had his first "I'm gonna be a dad" freakout.  It was so damn cute!  2:  Photo shoot!  I  felt like a hot babe.  Hope the photos reflect it! 

Worst moment this week: Feeling emotionally out of control a lot of the week.  With no way to burn off that energy. 

5 comments:

  1. Nice!! You know my belly-button never popped. It kind of got flat at the most...I suppose the several laparoscopic surgeries didn't help matter!

    31! you know you are in single digit now?? Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for reaching 31 weeks!! I wish my DH got to fell the baby more, but she's a tease and stops moving when there is a hand on my belly.

    Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope you are able to make it to the service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing awesome!! I did think that comment about induction was funny too :) Looking forward to results of the photo shoot. I'm mega craving chocolate too, trying to eat dark only which makes me want less. I like the part about how all Cricket's senses are working-she's nearly cooked :)
    Take care-and remember you can email me if you need to vent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the 30s! We celebrate 31w tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing so great! Glad you and Cricket are hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)