Saturday, February 5, 2011

29w0d

WEEKLY UPDATE
How far along: 29 weeks 0 days. Cricket is the size of a head of big ol' squash! Approximately 16 inches, 2.5-2.8 lbs. Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.
Total Weight Gain: 32 lbs - 145.4 lbs.  Bedrest has accelerated my weight gain a bit.  I thought it was supposed to slow down 3rd tri???  Anywho, I am officially matching my previous heaviest weight.  Which was nearly 10 years ago. 
Maternity clothes: My closet is insane...between my original clothes, the maternity wear I inherited, and the things I've bought...it's insane in there. 
Sleep: I go to bed around 10:30 and stay there until 9-ish. HOWEVER. I am up every 1.5-2 hours to pee, get over a nightmare, and find a snack, LOL.  Yesterday was the first day since being off of work that I didn't take a nap. 
Movement: We seem to have moved into a 2 hour pattern. 2 hours awake, 2 hours asleep. The movement is mostly stronger now, but more stretching than kicking.  What kicks I do get are wicked forceful! 

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings: For hose of you that asked, no, I didn't want jello WITH seafood, LOL.  I am in love with CA rolls - starch, protein, veg all in one + some kick.  Hubby brought me a 20 piece tray yesterday.  Mmmm, gonna be a good day. Aversions: Red meat.

Sex: I'm no longer allowed...Cricket is still a secret!  Cobwebs are beginning to form.  Good thing I can't see them.

Symptoms: Heartburn and acid reflux have kicked in with a VENGEANCE.  VERY vivid dreams.  Sciatic and back pain - storm made us miss Dr. Back this week, and the amount of sitting/lying I've been doing does NOT help.  Actually dreamt about the sciatic pain last night - it finally woke me up.  Couldn't believe I didn't yell.  And man, oh, man the stairs are becoming rough!  Up, not down. 
What I miss: Sleeping on my belly. As getting cozy gets more difficult, I miss that option more and more. Sex.
What I look forward to: Belly button poppage (it's getting quite shallow!)  Going back to my horrendous job.  Just because it means I get to be social! 
Moods: Pretty chill this week, especially after learning my cervix is behaving.  I could relax finally.  I am a bit spazzed at all I want to get done...it feels terribly overwhelming.

Milestones: Having to sit with my legs all spread apart because by the end of the day my belly hangs so low as to make it necessary, LOL.
Medical Concerns: Hypothyroid, anxiety, migraines, bursitis. Ready for the list? Syn.throid 50 mcg, Zo.loft 100 mg, Iron, D3, B12, Vitamin C, Folic acid, stool softeners. Flexeril a bit longer, Tylenol 3 for the migraines, Unisom so I sleep a bit better.
Weekly Wisdom:  Actually using the dishwasher may save my sanity.

Best moment this week: The following conversation with Hubby:

Me: Did I show you I can squeeze stuff from my nipples?
Hubby:  Ewww.
M: No, really, look!
H: It looks like you're trying to pop a zit.
M: Well, it's still early, it'll leak out on it's own eventually!
H: Ewww. 

LMAO.  Also, it's always a good week when I get to see my kiddo :)  And when I find out I (KNOCK ON WOOD!) don't have to spend the next several months in bed!
Worst moment this week:  The back/sciatic pain is starting to get to me.  Otherwise, not bad :)

7 comments:

  1. So glad your not stuck in bed lovely lady and that video, hahahha. I think the lego panties could be entertaining on many levels, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so exciting you're this close to the end! And i hear you about getting to be social at work, I love that part too. Good luck with going back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for California rolls! You know, during the times when I've suffered from bouts of wicked heartburn (like.. weeks and weeks of it) the only thing I could comfortably hold down was sushi. It's just so delicious and mild. :)

    I also enjoy that you post about the bizarro things involved in pregnancy (squirting, nipple-leaking, etc) because most people don't. It's interesting and fun to learn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so good at your updates:)

    The back pain would be a killer...I agree with you though the more I lay around or sit the more my aches and pains start up...Yet when we are up in about all the time then the cervix acts up...Not fair:( Also we live in bi level house so no matter what I have to to stairs and Im pathetic I go up a few then stand and rest a second then trek up a few more...I dont know if you get this but when I go up the stairs it like throws me into a contraction..Uterus really tightens.

    Gosh 30wks..Time is going fast...Just wait til your 37wks like me and you will have by then officially hit your point...I am 100% there...I just feel huge..I waddle now which is my biggest pet peeve but whe your baby is in ur pelvis cant help it...and I just feel like I look worn down from lack of sleep...Hmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for feeling better! I love how you document this - such a great way to keep the memories. (good, bad, and ugly)

    Also, thanks for helping through this bed rest ordeal. You're a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your updates!! You are doing so great and I hear ya on so many points. The back pain (35 weeks tomorrow) is brutal at times and now that you mentioned california rolls I totally want one...or 6!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Sex: I'm no longer allowed." Haha! You crack me up, lady. Also, you have an award on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)