Thursday, February 17, 2011

Another Blog Award!


Okay, here is how this thing works:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.

Thank you to cainml and Just Me!  Woohoo! 

2. Share 7 things about yourself (this gets harder and harder!)
  • I am terrible at follow through.  I start projects with gusto - and then get bored.  It's why I stopped taking dance, was never very good at a musical instrument, and have more unfinished crochet projects than I can count.  Oh, and why my house never got finished being decorated.  I am in the dictionary next to "Unfulfilled Potential."
  • I have some really strange OCD manifestations.  I obsessively groom my nails - and it's only to keep me from chewing them to bits.  I take out the worst of it on my toe nails - summer sucks because I feel the need to leave them alone for open-toe season.  Nail clippers are always nearby.  This is only one example.
  • I am significantly better at caring for utter stranges than my nearest and dearest.  I have no explanation or understanding of this.  I'm sure a therapist would have a field day.  I was once accused of "taking in strays."
  • I can put up with a LOT.  But when my line finally gets crossed, watch the hell out.  Seriously.  It's scary to behold.  Hell hath no fury like a Genevieve scorned.
  • I have a really foul mouth.  Which is hysterical because I was always Ms. Goody Two Shoes in school.  Until I let my freak flag fly.  Talk about opening Pandora's box.  My mom keeps asking if I am going to clean up my mouth when Cricket comes.  I pointed out that she'll hear it all one way or another, so if I can teach her when to use and when not to use, I'd rather.  And then it won't be a novelty when she hears it elsewhere.
  • If there is music, there is a me dancing.  Going to the grocery store is fun with me :)  I've had dance solos all over the place, LOL. 
  • If you ask me, "How are you?" I am likely to tell you.  I despise that we use that as a greeting and are expected to say we are fine.  Don't ask if you don't want to know!  Oddly, it's not only our culture in which that happens.  Why is that?  What kind of human condition leads to that sort of nicety existing? Boggles the mind. 
3. Award 15 recently discovered bloggers that are deserving & 4. Contact those bloggers and let them know about the award
I give up - if you don't have this award yet, consider thyself nominated.  I love awards, I do, but not so much the work involved (see bullet point number 1 for reference).

Out of curiousity, I Googled myself (as I made this blog unsearchable, but thought I ought to double check based on...some stuff) and stumbled on the fact of this:



Apparently I had won an award by this site and had NO idea - and it was before I changed my URL.  Some of you are on there, ladies!

Oh!  And it turns out I am still searchable - so I don't know what the hell that setting is all about.  Oh, well.  Fun finding a random blog award, though! 

Thanks ladies (and random website).

2 comments:

  1. As soon as you said something about follow through I immediately thought about the twenty unfinished scarves I have laying around. I'm terrible about follow through as well, so you're in good company :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of saying how you really are, but I don't have the guts! You are too cute. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)