Monday, January 31, 2011

28 Week Ultrasound

Hi ladies!  We had an ultrasound today to check growth and my cervix. 

I am happy to report that my cervix is holding steady and has stopped funneling!  Woohoo!  At the 20 week scan it was 5 cm.  Last week it was 3.4 cm.  Same today :)  I don't know about the dilating, whether or not that has also stopped, but I imagine it has.  I have the feeling I will be heading back to work next week!

We will find that out for sure on Thursday :)  The only concern now is that 10 minutes up and about and I start contracting pretty regularly (though not as strong - probably because of the meds).  So we are spacing out my doses a bit to see what happens the next couple of days, and see what the OB says on Thurs.  My concern is that while I have a desk job, I get worn out easily, which also causes more contractions, and I don't want to have to go to the damn hospital every time they escalate.  So, we shall see.

Cricket is looking great :)  2lbs 5oz, with head firmly buried in my pelvis.  Also insanely active.  Thus, no decent pics today.  We have a couple 2D profiles, but they are not so hot, so I won't post them.    We saw her drinking!  That was pretty darn cool!  Chugging away, LOL. 

Also did the GD test today (which I may have TOTALLY biffed).  They didn't tell me not to eat anything after the drink while we waited, and it was non-fasting, so I had some Fritos.  After they did the b/w, she said, "Now you can go eat."  Ummmm....oops.  I held my mouth and am hoping I didn't blow it.  Will find out Thursday on that as well. 

The peri did mention I may need to be on thyroid meds permanently, as they see that a lot.  Even though before I was pregnant I had no issues.  *Sigh*  Oh, well.

Hubby has also stated that even if I am released to go to work I am still banned from doing anything at home.  LOL.  We'll see how long that lasts!  Ha!

So, anywho, good news, and will have more to report in a few days. 

Thank you all SO much for all the well wishes :)  It has meant so much to me! 

Oh!  And someone mentioned wanting to see the tattoo BEFORE I swallowed a basketball, so Saturday I will do my best to remember to post a before and current picture for you :)  Also of the one on my belly and how that has grown/changed. 

12 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your cervix is holding strong! Sorry to hear you are still experiencing contractions, that's a bummer. And, I would be worried about returning to work as well, even if it is a desk job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay cervix! 2lbs 5oz- that was Maya at birth! Good for you- keep that baby growing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds as though this appointment had a lot of good news! Glad to hear your cervix is not a tornado anymore. Even though you might have less restrictions, still take it easy and take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG LAYOUT!!!!!


    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all good news...I hope the rest of your week goes this good!!! Your cervix is holding strong so that is great...Just keep those feet up and drink plenty of water to help keep those contractions at bay:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for a great ultrasound! I'm worried about you returning to work, though. I hope that you take it easy, even if you do have to go back.

    Oh, and the new blog layout is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear the good report on the cervix.
    LOL! for the Fritos accident. Hopefully, they will never need to know;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delighted all is well my friend! I remember seeing also our little Elvis (at the time ehehe!) breathing and swallowing! So so cool! Keep up the good work and DON'T work at home. oh I meant to say, 3.4cm I think it's pretty normal for 28weeks! Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, so you're saying you had something to eat before she took your blood? LOL. Crossing fingers you get an awesome result! Glad to hear your cervix is behaving itself. Hoping you get the chance to go back to work-I know you need the money. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for 28 weeks! And you keep taking it easy, ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you know you dropped the word, "her"? I didn't think you knew the sex...perhaps it was a mistake...perhaps intuition! :)

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)