Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Really Should Know Better

So, we all know I'm accident prone.  Remember the 3 falls in May/June that pushed back our cycle?  I have been soooo good through this pregnancy to be careful, and have only had 2 very minor falls. 

This morning I HAD to get a couple pictures of the snow.  I left early to be sure the roads were okay, and stopped at a small park down the road from work.  There is a canal there, and I CAREFULLY walked up the wide park steps to take a couple photos. 

After taking said photos, I started walking back down.  I proceeded to step on something wrong, twist my ankle, hit the ground, lose my balance, and roll down a couple of stairs.  In the snow.  Without gloves.  With my new replacement phone that works.  LMAO. 

Good news?  Phone and baby are fine (I'm a skilled "faller" - I protect what I need to).  Bad news?  Oh, man, am I already sore: back, left knee, right ankle, both hips.  LOL.  Go me. 

Pants were pretty damp, so off to Target for the most expensive pair of leggings EVER.  And you know what?  The pictures aren't even all that terribly good. 

I really should know better.



14 comments:

  1. Eep!! I'm glad everything's OK. I hope things stop being sore soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Glad to hear that baby and your phone are ok though! Accident prone...LOL...pregnancy makes it so much worse, doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear. i have spent the past week terrified i'll fall down, so thanks for taking the karmic hit for me ;) either that, or i'm next.

    hope you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no, i'm so glad you and baby are okay! and phone too! :) be careful momma!

    beautiful pics, too! i love the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the pics are beautiful but definitely not worth the injury.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about your fall and that you're in pain. I had on the other day because of all the rain but I fell straight on my knees, it was a good fall too LOL
    Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I just swept by your blog. Wishing the best for you and looking forward to following your journey.

    ~Jess
    http://bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're (and baby and phone) okay! I can so relate to being accident prone....The Hubs tells me to be careful standing, that I could find a way to fall off the floor :D Hope your soreness isn't too bad tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch! I did the same thing this Christmas. Walked around taking pictures on a snow covered beach, got too excited, started moving too fast, fell both feet up in the air no hands straight on my back, but saved both camera and baby :)
    Be careful sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad baby & phone are OK - hopefully your soreness vanishes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of the blog ..it's very "You"

    oh sweet girl...BE CAREFUL. My goodness you need to be covered in BUBBLE WRAP, so glad Cricket is ok.

    the picture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO glad that you and the baby are okay!!! But I can relate. I'm a total klutz. :) Feel better soon, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my girlie!!! You better be careful:) I have had one fall so far but have been like a granny outside and have my husband hold my arm as I walk on snow or ice but when he is not with me I wear my flat shoes and go extra slow...

    Good for you for being a graceful faller!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. turns out it was door number 2, fyi. smashed my knees up nicely in the kitchen yesterday. bah. hope you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)