Saturday, January 8, 2011

25w0d

WEEKLY UPDATE

How far along: 25 weeks 0 days. Cricket is the size of an eggplant! Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes. (*This will apparently remain the same info for a few weeks now as she gains weight and actual development slows down).
Total Weight Gain: 140.6 this morning, an even 27 lbs.  It has been between 26 and 27 lbs all week.  Cricket is obviously taking on much of the nourishment now.
Maternity clothes: Can't live without 'em! I think all pants should have nice thick elastic waists. Holiday dinners and visits to the buffet would be so much more comfortable!

Stretch marks: Hip and thigh ones are flaring up from puberty.

Sleep: Depends :) I toss and turn a lot, and with as much as I get up to tinkle, if I get 3 hours straight it's cause for celebration!

Movement: I think the movement is even better than the heartbeat, but that's just me. It's something I can feel every day to know life is good in there. And with our little monitor, we can hear the kicks!

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings: Big soft sugar cookies, cherry cordial Hershey Kisses, jello, applesauce, and Robert Downey Jr. (Hey, the body wants what the body wants!)  Aversions:  Please don't even MENTION red meat.
Sex: Okay, so, speaking of sex (no, we still didn't find out Cricket's wobbly bits), it seems pregnancy has given me the ability to do something I never have before.  ***TMI WARNING!!!*** The other night I was having some, ahhh, "personal" time, and when I orgasmed, I felt a rush of fluid.  Commence freaking out!  No blood, smelled like water...hmmm, did I ejaculate???  Asked a friend who does, we weren't sure.  Cricket was fine, still moving, etc.  Same thing a couple nights later...yup, I now squirt.  Though I haven't replicated it with a partner at this point. 
Symptoms: Nothing new :)  Except the above. 
What I miss: Sleeping on my belly. As getting cozy gets more difficult, I miss that option more and more. But really? That's it :)

What I look forward to:  The belly getting all hard and sticking out REALLY far.  LOL.
Moods: I am on Cloud 9. Seriously. I am flying, couldn't be happier, lalalala, I don't even recognize myself!

Milestones: I am on my 4th day straight without Pancho!  Holy moly!  Still carrying him with me in case, but so far, mostly good!
Medical Concerns: Hypothyroid, anxiety, migraines, bursitis. Ready for the list? Syn.throid 50 mcg, Zo.loft 100 mg, Zo.fran pump, Iron, D3, D2, B12, Vitamin C, Folic acid, no more prenatals, Bene.fiber, stool softeners. Flexeril a bit longer, Tylenol 3 for the migraines.

Weekly Wisdom: No matter how late I am in the morning, EAT, even if it's only toast.  Otherwise, I can't get over the blood sugar loss, and I get pretty sick (yesterday was a bad day!) If I am going to be Pancho-free, I need to manage myself better.

Best moment this week:  Seeing Cricket again.  It's so cool seeing her ahead of time!
Worst moment this week: Making myself sick yesterday, knowing it was my own fault that nearly put me back in the ER.  Lesson learned!

8 comments:

  1. I'm seriously considering never getting out of maternity wear - stretchy waistbands ROCK!!
    On the sex front - what!? - how cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about the low blood sugar. I get it if I don't eat for 3 hours-NOT fun!! I am sorry you felt sick but glad everything else is great and you are enjoying the movement, it's so wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I am really glad I read things like this so that if/WHEN I am pregnant, I will not be terrified if I start to squirt. I wonder if that is a skill you will retain after the baby's here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree, FEELING the baby was freaking amazing. even if she kicked the shit out of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally get the sex stuff!!! I had only had it happen once before the pregnancy. Now it happens ALL THE TIME! I have to keep a towel in the nightstand :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on 25 weeks! and for your new found ability to squirt! haha. i'm still scared to do the deed. i have a wax scheduled for this weekend. maybe i can get in the mood once things aren't so scary down there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catching up on all of my blog reading again - had to comment on the "squirting" It happens with me sometimes, and I'm always a little bit freaked out... Nice to have the warning that if we successfully get knocked up it could happen a lot more often. It doesn't matter how often it happens, I am always a little bit afraid that I peed myself (LOL).

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)