Saturday, January 15, 2011

26w0d

WEEKLY UPDATE

How far along: 26 weeks 0 days. Cricket is the size of an eggplant! Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes. (*This will apparently remain the same info for a few weeks now as she gains weight and actual development slows down).

Total Weight Gain: 140.6 this morning, an even 27 lbs. Same as last week - I seem to have hit a plateau.  Overall weight gain the last 6 weeks has been only 3 lbs.  So I went from 2 lbs a week to 1/2 a lb.  Now I'm worrying in the opposite direction, LOL.  I assume it's all going to Cricket at this point.

Maternity clothes: Totally splurged on more happy pants from Mother.hood.  Goodness I love those pants.
Stretch marks: Hip and thigh ones are flaring up from puberty.

Sleep: In bed by 10:30 usually, not up until 8:30 or 9 most days.  Insanity.
Movement: I can't identify some of the movements.  Maybe rolls?  Who knows.  Most is still below the belly button.  Cricket, you have more room!!!

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings: Last night I wanted a pizza with cheese, refried beans, shrimp, scrambled eggs, and cottage cheese.  And salsa.  LOL.  Aversions: Please don't even MENTION red meat.

Sex: Still a secret, muah!

Symptoms: Let's see, I had a random asthma attack Tuesday that scared the shit out of me.  I haven't had one in YEARS, and they have always been exercise induced.  Eeep.  All is well, though.  Turns out the coughing leads to puking, though, LOL.

What I miss: Sleeping on my belly. As getting cozy gets more difficult, I miss that option more and more. But really? That's it :)

What I look forward to: The belly getting all hard and sticking out REALLY far. LOL. Next u/s :)

Moods: Shitting rainbows!

Milestones: Graduated from Pancho after just over 12 weeks.  I saw light stream from the clouds and heard children's choirs singing.  Well, it was exciting anyway, LOL.  Cricket can now open and shut her eyes.  Coolio!

Medical Concerns: Hypothyroid, anxiety, migraines, bursitis. Ready for the list? Syn.throid 50 mcg, Zo.loft 100 mg, Iron, D3, D2, B12, Vitamin C, Folic acid, stool softeners. Flexeril a bit longer, Tylenol 3 for the migraines.

**Thyroid results came in at .8-ish!  Woohoo!  So, staying on the same dose.  Go go gadget thyroid!**

Weekly Wisdom: Wii Fit body test is wildly inaccurate when one is pregnant.  Hysterical.  Even funnier, my BMI and weight are still within normal range (barely) for someone my height.  Yeah, I was really skinny before.

Best moment this week: My friend's 4-year old putting her hands on my belly, looking up and saying, "Boy or girl?" with a look of wonder on her face.  Later she told her mommy, "Genevieve is a very beautiful mommy."  Weep.

Worst moment this week: Well, the fall kinda sucked.  So did the asthma attack.  But all is well in baby-land :)

13 comments:

  1. Is it just how I see it, or your Baby belly has been growing a lot in the last couple of weeks? Beautiful!
    Sorry about the scares, hoping your lungs will calm down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, such an awesome baby bump. All I know about time management is to delegate, prioritize, and multi task.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so CUTE you kill me!! And yeah, shitting rainbows pretty much sums it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 27 weeks and you still weigh less than me. Haha. I'm sorry you had an asthma attack :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pics! "Shitting rainbows" really made me smile. Sorry about the asthma attack. Mine gets really bad in pregnancy-hope this was a once-off for you! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so much fun to watch bellies grow each week! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your belly is so so cute!! Definitely growing and I hear you on the weight and worrying either way! The movement below the bellybutton may simply be that Cricket is still head up! How's your sex life going? I remember (I remember!!) that passed the 24 weeks I had a surge of mojo! Whether DH was around or not LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw your bump is growing! I love the maternity pants too - I don't know how I'm going to ever go back to regular pants...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are looking so cute! And how funny that the weight gain has slowed. Sorry to hear that you had an asthma attack and that is caused throwing up :(. You've definitely had quite the experience being pregnant!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. like the new blog look!

    and yay for 26!!!

    p.s. "moods: shitting rainbows!" love it! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking great!!!
    My weight gain is probably going to be the opposite of yours...:) Feeling like I have been gaining a lot more these days compared to the beginning...

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my I'm crying..yes you are a really beautiful mommy!!!!! (already!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww....I read this and it made me feel so happy. I love that you are enjoying every moment.

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)