Saturday, January 29, 2011

28w0d

*Sorry for the slightly odd layout.  I had an argument with my laptop, LOL.

WEEKLY UPDATE
 
How far along: 28 weeks 0 days. Cricket is the size of a head of cauliflower! Approximately 16 inches, 2.5-2.8 lbs. Cricket is dreaming these days :)  I hope hers are better than mine!
Total Weight Gain: 30 lbs - at 143.8 this morning.

Maternity clothes: Some of the shorter shirts are too short now! I sort of exploded again this week.

Sleep: I go to bed around 10:30 and stay there until 9-ish.  HOWEVER. I am up every 1.5-2 hours to pee, get over a nightmare, and wipe the sweat off.
Movement: We seem to have moved into a 2 hour pattern.  2 hours awake, 2 hours asleep.  And the movements are less Jiffy Pop and more Alien.  It's fun to watch :)

27 weeks 2 days
Cravings/Aversions: Cravings: Seafood.  Jello.  Aversions: Red meat.

Sex: I'm no longer allowed...Cricket is still a secret!

Symptoms: Heartburn and acid reflux have kicked in with a VENGEANCE.  I threw up Tums this morning.  Who does that?  LOL.  Attributed to the procardia: uber vivid dreams, night sweats, pounding heart, fatigue.  Also a rather constant pressure in my lower abdomen...worse near med time. 

What I miss: Sleeping on my belly. As getting cozy gets more difficult, I miss that option more and more. Sex.
What I look forward to: Ultrasound on Monday. Belly button poppage (it's getting quite shallow!)

Moods: Bored...is that a mood?

28 weeks even
Milestones: I will consider any week without the hospital a milestone, LOL.

 
 

Medical Concerns: Hypothyroid, anxiety, migraines, bursitis, preterm labor, funneling cervix. Ready for the list? Syn.throid 50 mcg, Zo.loft 100 mg, Iron, D3, D2, B12, Vitamin C, Folic acid, stool softeners. Flexeril a bit longer, Tylenol 3 for the migraines, Procardia for preterm labor .

Weekly Wisdom: It's okay to ask for help.

Best moment this week: We got the baby shower invite today!  They are sooooo cute!
Worst moment this week:  Realizing how limited I am right now.  I am actually hoping to be able to go back to work...and I despise my job. 



Tattoo happiness!

Our Shower Invite!!!

18 comments:

  1. Ok, I have to ask: do you crave seafood and jello separately? Or together? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the shower invite and I am so excited! So lovely. Also, I cannot get over how perfectly your tattoo split to make room for Cricket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tats! I am a music luva.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Cricket is going to have a ton of hair... all that heartburn! You look great, and the invites are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, it looks like your belly popped in just a few days :) Looking gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is my 3rd try writing a comment! Anyway your belly is so cute :) sorry about the nightmares I have had a few bad ones too. Crossing fingers hospital is not needed for a long time! (12 weeks to be exact)
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your belly looks fantastic!!! and I love the invite, it's absolutely lovely!! Lot's of love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shower invite is adorable:) I have been off of work for so long that I wonder when I go back if I will know how to do my job...to be honest I always missed work too but I love my job...as it gets closer to when Baby is here I just keep thinking how I wish I didnt have to go back:( But thats not my reality at least Im hoping to do part time as long as possible at least for the first year...

    Your belly is def popping again...you can tell your uterus is getting bigger...just wait soon your boobs will be sitting right on top of your belly....and it is the most annoying feeling...At night with no on around I am usually in a sweatshirt so I will kinda roll it up so I have a bare belly and tuck the extra fabric under the girls to give some sort of seperation..I dont know why but having then sitting on my stomach all day drives me nuts and its not that the girls are drooping its just that my belly is huge now and Im so short torso no where for it to go:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the invitation! It's so sweet! You must be getting excited now. :) And darlin' I think you look AMAZING. Yep, you've popped a bit more according to the pics you've shown, but it's all good and Cricket is growing nicely! And that is wonderful. Still here, still following. But I don't get to comment much as some of the blogger layouts have scripting that isn't permitted through the firewall at my office, thus I only get to comment when Petite isn't hanging onto my leg while I'm at home! Sending lots of love to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm seriously diggin' the tattoos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pics and tattoos! You are an inspiration. I've nominated you for a blog award! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that invitation is super cute! I am loving your weekly wisdom - it is okay to ask for help! You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too bad it's not the 1970s or you could totally have some sort of funky jello-with-shrimp thing to satisfy all your cravings at once!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A Memorable Summer Meal http://www.flickr.com/photos/charmandpoise/329152173/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete
  15. After reading the previous few posts may everything stay boring for you for a while. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love watching your tattoos grow with your belly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. got my invite....love, love , love it. :)

    The procardia did a number on me too..but it did keep the babies in and not out, so just remember it will be over sooner than you know....plus that up every 2 hrs thing is going to come in handy in a few weeks for you...Just saying.

    STAY BORED, it's good to be that way right now, wish I could be "bored" lately. LOL

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. your belly looks so perfect! Love the tattoos....I need to go find a pic of what they looked like before :)

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)