Saturday, January 1, 2011

24w0d - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

23w0d - no, that's not my belly button, that
is Pancho's injection site.
Well, my dears, 2011 is upon us!  Can you believe it?  I know for many of us 2010 will go down in the record books as sucking hairy donkey balls.  Seriously.  But it's a NEW YEAR, and the future is wide open!  Uh-oh, I feel a Tom Petty song coming on!  I wish for nothing but the best for all of you, my dears, and I hope that for those of you still TTC, that this is THE YEAR.  That 2011 brings you your dreams and wishes and peace.  I hope that joy and sorrow share more of a balance this year.  Happy New Year.

As for resolutions?  I have some ... the usual.  The one that means the most to me, though, is that I am going to take at least 1 photo a day, and it will go onto my other blog.  EVERY DAY.  So, while they may not all be artsy, they will be a photo journal of my life.  I also plan on starting a blog just for Cricket.  I will send most of these weekly updates and letters to it, and once Cricket is born, it will be a place for letters to her/him, to chronical her life, something for her to have when she's older to see. 

WEEKLY UPDATE

How far along: 24 weeks 0 days. Cricket is the size of a papaya! Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.10.5-11.8 inches; 12.7-20.8 oz. (*This will apparently remain the same info for a few weeks now as she gains weight and actual development slows down).

Total Weight Gain:  139.8 lbs as of Friday morning (no computer access Saturday this week!) - so have been hovering around 140 for a couple weeks now, working on balancing out that hospital weight.  That puts me at 27 lbs or so, which makes me feel MUCH better :)

Maternity clothes: Can't live without 'em!  I think all pants should have nice thick elastic waists.  Holiday dinners and visits to the buffet would be so much more comfortable!

Stretch marks: Hip and thigh ones are flaring up from puberty.

Sleep:  Depends :)  I toss and turn a lot, and with as much as I get up to tinkle, if I get 3 hours straight it's cause for celebration! 

I wasn't going to have internet access
today, so I took this early, 23w5d, there's
the belly!  I should post the original tattoo
pics so you can see the difference.  I think
I will when I get further along :)
Movement:  I think the movement is even better than the heartbeat, but that's just me.  It's something I can feel every day to know life is good in there.  And with our little monitor, we can hear the kicks! 

Cravings/Aversions: Oddly, my appetite is not nearly what it was in the beginning, and I often cannot figure out what it is I want to eat.  It's like a game...what does Genevieve want to eat today???  Last few days I am on a KitKat kick.  Mmmm, healthy.  LOL.

Sex:  MY sex drive has returned after a hiatus!  The baby better not be having any yet!   Haven't had the birds and the bees talk yet!

Symptoms:  Rings are officially off.  I got tired of finding a place to put them midway through the day.  Fatigue.  I cannot get enough sleep.  I am REALLY tired most of the day. 

What I miss:  Sleeping on my belly.  As getting cozy gets more difficult, I miss that option more and more.  But really?  That's it :) 

What I look forward to:  Next ultrasound!  And the day that Pancho is gone for GOOD.  We're almost there!

Moods:  I am on Cloud 9.  Seriously.  I am flying, couldn't be happier, lalalala, I don't even recognize myself!

Milestones: VIABILITY!!!!!  Woohoo!  Which in NO WAY means Cricket is coming out yet, but at least now if something goes wrong, she's got a fighting chance :)  I'm so excited by this.  What a way to welcome the new year! 

Belly, 23w5d, from the front.  I have had people think I had
the baby looking at me straight on in the right shirt.  I am
going all forward, and from the back, it is undetectable!
Medical Concerns: Hypothyroid, anxiety, migraines, bursitis. Ready for the list? Syn.throid 50 mcg, Zo.loft 100 mg, Zo.fran pump, Iron, D3, D2, B12, Vitamin C, Folic acid, no more prenatals, Bene.fiber, stool softeners. Flexeril a bit longer, Lidocaine patches, Tylenol 3 for the migraines.

Saw Dr. Back twice - I would have that man's children.  I feel soooo much better.  Nearly status quo for me!  And I'm barely waddling!

Saw Dr. Pain - released from his care unless I get really bad again :)

Weekly Wisdom: Stop turning sideways to fit through places...You are the same size from the side, LOL.

I HAD to show you what is happening to my belly button.
That scar at the very top is 2 different belly button piercing
scars.  The middle one, just above the belly button, is the
bottom parts of the top ones - it used to not be visible. 
The bottom one is a surgical scar my husband didn't even
know I had.  It also didn't really used to be visible.  LOL.
Best moment this week: Coming to peace with things, and beginning to feel SEXY pregnant instead of FAT pregnant.  It's a wonderful feeling! I got curves, and I am LOVIN them! 

Worst moment this week:  Nothing pregnancy related! 

10 comments:

  1. Looking at that cute belly from the front I'm gonna guess you're having a boy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, you look amazing lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely looking adorable!! Have a wonderful new year and thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! You have such an adorable pregnant belly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos and I joined your other blog! Awesome idea about the blog for baby. I downloaded a sort of 'diary app' so I am going to do little entries each day on that for the baby. Glad to hear you are so happy with your body-yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just hate so many of our fellow IF'ers are still living in hell...Well somedays we still are to:( but I dont for one day forget what it all took to get to where I am and continue to support anyone going through IF if they are open to it...I hope and pray 2011 brings some peace and relief to all!!!

    Your pictures this week are so cute..I still cant get over your weight gain I think you scale is so broke...You must have been a stick...unlike me that has always had some major curves no matter what the scale says...My hubs says I have a J Lo booty...Oh my.

    I can remember when I was at your stage in the game and decision making became more difficult...exp when it came to food...Nothing really hit the spot...But I love Kit Kats and I could go for one of those right now or a Ice Cream Snickers Bar...MMMMM

    Well I hope this week is as great as the last!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, with the folding-out of the navel, one starts seeing contours and things one did not know...I discovered a mole that had been hiding in my navel all this time!

    24 weeks! Good milestone! Happy New Year to you and everyone at home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been a while since I've checked in, you are really showing now! You look great! I'm interested to see how your tattoos look as you start to get BIG. I'm glad all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound great babes. How fabulous! Can't wait to see how this year goes for you. What a great year ahead! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belly sleeping...definitely miss that! You are looking great...:)

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)