Saturday, May 8, 2010

Photo Tag!



Mrs. Gamgee has thrown out a challenge. It is supposed to be to tag 8 fellow bleeps and do this yourself, but like Mrs. Gamgee, I am just going to throw it out there to my followers and maybe some of you will do it. Here it is:
1) Go to your photo files, select the 8th photo folder.
2) Select the 8th photo in that folder.
3) Post that photo along with the story behind it.
4) Then challenge 8 blogging friends to do the same!

So, I was thankful to see that my 8th folder did not contain any nude photos. LOL. Yes, there was that possibility. What you get instead, is the above photo, not taken by me, of our furbaby Buddha. This is before we got him, a pic emailed to us so we could see his adorable self before going to get him.

Now, he came with the name Buddha, because he was a big round belly as a young pup. Let me just state that his is the least Buddha-like creature known to man.


Here he is as he looks now (though this photo is a year old, and he was a mere 9 months old at the time, and very furry with a winter coat). But basically, he barely holds still, so this is the best one to see him.

Case in point about being non-Buddha-like....we are dog-sitting a friend's dog, named Bandit. Buddha has been getting completely out of control with jealousy when Bandit tries to snuggle with us. Last night DH and I were at Frog and Pixie's for dinner and fireworks from the carnival. Bandit's mom had told me to put him in the basement as he freaks out when there are fireworks. So we did. Put them both down there. Came home to a torn up basement door and lots of blood. Bandit ripped most of one of his claw off. I still need to clean up the mess.

Bandit is okay, but we had to lock Buddha back up in order to treat Bandit....and Buddha will NOT leave him alone. Keeps inciting fights! So he has spent a lot of time today in "time out". Grrr. He is very loving, but totally out of control at times. Poor Bandit just wants his foot left alone. *sigh*.

I took the 2 of them for a walk the other day and ended up in a sling for 2 days ... together they are un-manageable. I love them both dearly, but I am looking forward to Bandit going home tomorrow so things calm down a bit around here.

In other news...I am s l o w l y making my way through Project IF posts. I've only gotten through 35 or 36 of them. 150 to go! They are amazing, inspiring, and in some cases, very thought-provoking. I don't know if reading them helps me or not....they tend to put me in a rather down mood, and I certainly don't need help with that. But, we all worked very hard on those posts, put ourselves and our fears laid out bare for the world to read, and so I am going to continue.

Sent out 5 mother's day cards this week, and hand-delivered one to Pixie. I don't want to face tomorrow, but Keiko at Hannah Wept, Sarah Cried wrote a wonderful piece about making mother's day OUR day....and I'm quoted in it :) So go check it out. Perhaps it will help you through your mother's day....

Hugs to one and all....some of you ladies and gents have had a really rough week....miscarriages, illnesses, etc. I am sending my thoughts and prayers to you.

1 comment:

  1. OMG Buddha is gorgeous!! Sorry you had to have your arm in a sling. It's just awful when two dogs don't get along. I will definitely check out Keiko's post. Thanks so much for your comments on my blog, too. I understand what you mean about the Project IF posts. I have only read a handful but I might read through the whole project now that you've mentioned it!!
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)