K asked the following: If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, movies, people and foods would you take along? She really knows how to ask 'em, doesn't she? Let's see...(I took some liberties with numbers....)
BOOKS: (in no particular order) NOTE: This is damn near impossible for me....I read like a fish swims....it's air to me. Narrowing down is VERY difficult.
- Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
- The Complete Fiction: The Bean Trees, Homeland, Animal Dreams, Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver (no, it's not cheating if they published them all together!!!!)
- Tales of a Female Nomad: Living at Large in the World by Rita Goldman Gelman
- Side by Side by Isabel Miller
- The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- Dearest Hubby
- My dear friend Colleen
- Frog (and Pixie) - hey, they're a couple, they count as 1
- My dear friend Emo (and his girlfriend - same thing applies as above)
- Bird (another dear friend) and her wife Dani
FOODS: (This is an odd list, but I can do a lot with these ingredients!!!)
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Shrimp anything
- Variety of Vegetables
Next question from Erika is: What is the sure way your DH can make you smile? Well, Erika, the answer to that is for him to hug me from behind, wrap his arms around me, and kiss my shoulder. It's the simple things. That makes me feel incredibly loved....don't know why, it's just the way it is.
A while back Stickles was curious about my open marriage: I'm curious now about how long you've been married and if this was something you agreed to before you got hitched. I answered her on her blog, but will share again here. This was my response to that: Basically it's more for me than DH. He's content. I'm a super-sexual and physical person and have a hard time with monogamy. I don't entirely see the point. So, DH was always cool with me being with other women. Though it hadn't happened. The ability to be with other men is new, tho on the DL - he doesn't want details. And mainly because of the one couple, and basically, I'm exclusively with them. That's a compromise for me, really. But, with everything else on my plate, that's okay. DH knows that I want to come home to him, and raise my children with him.
Last but not least, Anxious Mummy asked: Who is your eye candy? Which superstars (movie, music, whatever..) do you salivate over? List 5 if you can!! Oh, I can TOTALLY list 5. LOL. This is a totally incomplete list, just the first 5 I could come up with.
So, my lovely Bleeps, that's that. I realize it's a wicked long post, but hey, I didn't ask the questions, you did!!! Thanks to all of you :) I am now off to catch up on 2 days of Blog reading since I was a total slacker yesterday. HUGS!!!