Friday, April 23, 2010

Update on Drunk Mom

DH's cell phone rang at 7 am (ugh....7 am....perhaps the half of a large bottle of wine last night was a bad idea) and it was the police officer who pulled over that woman the other night. What we now know:
1. She was very uncooperative and belligerent when she was pulled over.
2. The kids were released to their grandmother and are apparently okay.
3. They want to bring child endangerment charges against her.

DH and I both have to provide written statements to the police for them to take to the DA since we witnessed it. So, the saga continues. If I find out any more information, I'll be sure to update.

In other news, with the aid of aforementioned bottle of wine, I successfully hung out with my Pg friend and her hubby last night here at my house (safe non-baby room territory). Baby steps....ha! Baby steps. Nice choice of words, right? But it went alright. We avoided all talk of baby in belly. It's a start. I'm trying. I'm also hungover....ugh.

Also, quite enjoying my first ICLW :) Need more hours in the day to keep up with it all, though! Blogging has become a part-time job. If DH can't find me, he knows I MUST be on the computer in IF Blog Land where I spend so much of my time now. Love all of you ladies. Happy Friday.

6 comments:

  1. 1. you saved two little kids--incredible.
    2. wine DEFINTELY helps deal with OPBs (other peoples babies). I got v v drunk the Christmas after my 1st failed IVF...and my SIL was three months pregnant. Def helped.
    3. Have fun with ICWL...:)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having fun with ICLW as well. I'm reading a lot of blogs I might not have made it around to without it.

    the correct application of wine smooths many social situations. The occasional side-effects are a bummer though. You guys did the right thing, driving drunk with your kids in the car is criminally stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great what you did for those kids. It's scary to think what could happen in the future since most drunk drivers don't do it just the one time. Yikes.

    I'm with you on the fairness feelings! I don't think anyone should have to suffer through IF, but seriously, if someone is going to abuse or neglect their kids in any way, why couldn't THEY be the infertile ones?

    I like the comment in your profile about "what being faced with does to you". There have been so many times where I've said if this happens, then I'll do that. But now I truly know that I don't KNOW what I'll really do until the decision is truly in front of me.

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to ICLW- it gets addicting :) What you did was totally a mitzvah. I'm glad to know my hubs and I aren't the only ones who'll call the police when we see drunk drivers on the road. You did a great thing. You did the right thing! My question to you... was it at least a good bottle of wine? A wine you like? B/c then wine hangovers are TOTALLY worth it :)

    Hope the rest of your Friday is a little darker and quiet enough for you to recover :)

    Happy ICLW!

    ~Miriam (ICLW #66) Hannah Wept, Sarah Laughed

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you were able to enjoy some time with your pg friend!

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a crazy story about the drunk lady with the little ones! hope it won't be much hassle for you guys.
    Hanging out with your friend and having fun is not a Baby Step, it's huge! I am proud of you!
    Happy ICLW and thanks for visiting!
    #130

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)