Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving my lovely ladies. 

The whole concept behind Thanksgiving, the "first" Thanksgiving, absolutely annoys me.  I still don't know what I'm going to do when Cricket comes home from school and tells me she learned about Columbus disovering America, and the Pilgrims first harvest in America.  When is it too early to read Lies My Teacher Told Me to your child and NOT mess up their test scores? 

Anyway, regardless of how the holiday came to be, the spirit of thanks is one that I can get into. 

This has been a rough year, for so many of us.  But, I am happy to say, I am still thankful for so many things.  I've been thinking about it while reading others' posts this week.  So, here is my list.

  • I could not be more thankful than I am about this little Cricket kicking the hell out of my innards. 
  • My husband is amazing, supportive, and loving.  What more could I ask?
  • I have a roof over my head, some food on the table, and a (icky) job. 
  • Wonderful friends, IRL, and here, have come into my life this year, and have made this whole journey that much more bearable.  Can't imagine where I would be without you all!
  • Our dear, supportive family who have been with us every step of the way in their own, sometimes dysfunctional, way.
I'm sure I could come up with more.  But I don't want to overthink it.  This is what came out first thought.  I love you all, and hope your holiday is fantastic, drama free, and full of good food and good times.

6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely gratitude list. I don't get a holiday but I hope you enjoy yours!
    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great list lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful list to be thankful for indeed. Thanks for stopping by and your kind words today, wishing you continued happiness in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome things to be thankful for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. heh. i love that book. but i think in lieu of reading it as a bedtime story right away, i'll just take the bean to the National Museum of the American Indian in DC a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving beautiful!

    BTW, I think the guy that wrote that book is the same guy who turned his college class on that subject into a show for HBO.

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)