The whole concept behind Thanksgiving, the "first" Thanksgiving, absolutely annoys me. I still don't know what I'm going to do when Cricket comes home from school and tells me she learned about Columbus disovering America, and the Pilgrims first harvest in America. When is it too early to read Lies My Teacher Told Me to your child and NOT mess up their test scores?
Anyway, regardless of how the holiday came to be, the spirit of thanks is one that I can get into.
This has been a rough year, for so many of us. But, I am happy to say, I am still thankful for so many things. I've been thinking about it while reading others' posts this week. So, here is my list.
- I could not be more thankful than I am about this little Cricket kicking the hell out of my innards.
- My husband is amazing, supportive, and loving. What more could I ask?
- I have a roof over my head, some food on the table, and a (icky) job.
- Wonderful friends, IRL, and here, have come into my life this year, and have made this whole journey that much more bearable. Can't imagine where I would be without you all!
- Our dear, supportive family who have been with us every step of the way in their own, sometimes dysfunctional, way.