Sunday, November 7, 2010

Nana Talks To Cricket

So, my mom came for a visit the other night to bring me nummy food (lasagna and 3 bean soup!!) and to sit for a short chat.

She does not like the idea of us repairing the donated crib, so...we are getting a new one. I would love that money to go to other things, but she will not be swayed. She went around checking bookshelves and stuff, too (too wobbly, LOL). She is more paranoid than I am! (Case in point she called me when she got home to make sure I am not changing the cat litter. LOL) She is also going to help make curtains for the nursery :)

We also talked L&D and postpartum help. I explained we would prefer her not to be there for delivery because it took so many people, and no privacy, to get us here, that we would prefer it to be OUR experience alone, and she seemed to understand. I also explained the first 24 hours are ours, and then people can visit. She is totally cool with it. Hopefully, so is Dad.

She is offered to spend the first few days home here to help us settle into a routine and allow us sleep as necessary, which I think is awesome of her. We talked cloth diapers and then she talked to Cricket, hand on my belly, bent over, and introduced herself. Cricket liked it because she kicked me right after, and nothing since, I don't think.

It was a good, if brief, visit. She is such a Nana. Grins.

We also talked to Pappy and Grandma - they are flying out with their other halves shortly after Cricket arrives, ideally before I go back to work.

Everyone is so excited to meet our little Cricket :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

6 comments:

  1. Awww, that is sweet. Before babe was born I wasn't sure how I would be feeling after having a c-section so I just told folks to wait for my call. Fast forward an hour after her birth and I'm calling folks asking them why they're not there to hold her. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like she's going to be a great grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your mom is already in love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for my parents to get here tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky Cricket has a great Nana :)

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)