Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Lots of Little Stuff

Haven't posted in a few days, and I have lots on my mind, so I'm just gonna bullet point it.  Ahhhh, for the love of bullet points!
  • Hubby got a part time job.  Nights, 3-4 nights a week.  It will help dull the loss of the other income, but he has to work a lot more hours for less money.  I worry about his back.  And I won't get to see him at night :(  Booooooo.  Still, he knows it's necessary and seems more than happy to "man-up" and do what we need. 
  • Went to my mom's Sunday and Monday - we talked about the shower, and have some tentative plans.  She also gave me a lot of stuff from when I was a kid, including a bunch of handmade receiving blankets and kimonos.  I believe we have a coming home outfit :)  I will have to post pics of some of it.  Some of it my mom wore, and then I wore, and was made by my grandmother before her arthritis got too bad.  Pretty cool.
  • Saw Sister and Niece and we went to Trader Joe's.  Oh, how I miss that place.  And there is a reason pregnant women should not be allowed to grocery shop.  OMG did I stock up.  LOL. 
  • Since we are expecting a settlement for Hubby's back soon, and Sister is looking to purchase a new vehicle, we may be buying her 2001 Chevy Malibu for a nice, cheap price, and do the work on it.  Yay for a potential 2nd car! 
  • Hubby and I felt a bit sleighted at my mom's.  Sister's wedding photo is prominently displayed, as well as, of course, Niece photos.  Our wedding photo is nowhere to be found.  It seems to have disappeared.  I am trying not to be a cranky, over-reactive daughter.  I didn't say anything.  But really?  Where did it go???  My mom couldn't be more excited about Cricket, but I always feel like the odd duck out with family, and this didn't help.  Why do I have to notice things like that??
There are more substantial posts to come, this is just kinda the highlights, not full-post worthy, stuff.

8 comments:

  1. Trader Joe's is super dangerous and yeah for new car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool you have an outfit which carries so much history!!! That i definitely want to see.

    We got a suitcase of stuff from a colleague of mine, I have not opened it yet, but it feels like a great present!
    I think I would pass a comment on the lack of photos though, specially if it hurts you. I'm absolutely sure Cricket will be all over the place, but why this difference with your sister's wedding?

    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo for the new job and car!

    That kind of sucks about the pictures. It's hard not to feel slighted and, at the same time, feel like you shouldn't say anything because then you'd be whining. I definitely think, though, that you should tell her. I'm sure she doesn't realize how hurtful it must seem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay about the outfit, your husband's second job and a potential second car!

    Sorry about your mom. My MIL is like that...always drama when she is obviously favoring one child over another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mums favourite photo of my wedding is the one without my husband on it! You think you have problems! I had to lobby to get one with us both on. Xxx ps mums are weird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for so many things like a coming home outfit and a new job for your hubs! I hope you're feeling better these days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok the picture thing I dont think ur crazy at all...My sister and I are my grandparents only grandchildren and when Im at her house we always count who has more pics me or my sister:) I do this at my moms and in laws to...Glad Im not the only one:)

    The coming home outfit sound so special and what a wonderful tradition to pass on:)

    Glad things are all going in a positive direction!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the other peeps, that's a bit weird about your photo being missing at your mum's! But at least she is excited about Cricket and getting involved there, yeah? Yay for Hubby's new job too!!
    Would love to see pics of new baby outfit!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)