Saturday, November 13, 2010

17w0d

WEEKLY UPDATE


How far along: 17 weeks 0 days. Crciket is the size of an onion! Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.


Total weight gain/loss: 17 lbs...right on target - to hit the full 40 lbs.  Eek!

Maternity clothes: Oh, yeah!

Stretch marks: Hip and thigh ones are flaring up from puberty.

Sleep: Able to sleep harder now in between bathroom runs :)  Lovin' that!

Movement: We have movement! It's irregular and infrequent, but it's there. Can't wait for more :)

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings: Nothing specific this week. Aversions: Stinky odors, red meat, and whatever doesn't agree with me on any given day.

Gender: at this point, we have decided not to find out...let's see if we hold steadfast to that! DH says boy, I say girl.

Symptoms: Let's see, heartburn mildly kicking in, about to go up another cup size in the BBs to a D...borderline right now, otherwise the usual.

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach.

What I look forward to: Regular movement, seeing Hubby's face when he gets to feel her move.

Moods: Chipper :)  Sappy bawling at times as well (like this morning!)

Milestones: My belly popped.  I woke up Tuesday morning and I now look pregnant, not just full.  I am amused that something like that can happen overnight!

Medical Concerns: Hypothyroid, anxiety, migraines. Ready for the list? Syn.throid 50 mcg, Zo.loft 75 mg, Zo.fran pump, Iron, D3, B12, Vitamin C, Folic acid, no more prenatals, Bene.fiber, stool softeners. I feel like a major pill popper.

Weekly Wisdom: Carry TUMS.  The extra bottle is worth it when the heartburn randomly kicks in.

Best moment this week: Finishing registering without getting kicked out!  And getting started on the nursery.

Worst moment this week: Ummm, actually had a fairly good week, for me :)

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see finished nursery photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to feel the Tiny's movements!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....I hoped to see that Belly:) Anyway glad this week was semi normal for a Prego Lady...and It always feels good to get rid of some pills....My sister n law jokes with me that I run a pharmacy with all the meds I have in my cabinet...Take Care and enjoy the rest of the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww!!!! Loving it! Almost halfway there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all really great and don't worry, movement will be irregular at this stage. So excited to hear your belly popped :) Yay for showing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am so glad you can feel the baby move already! I waited sooooo much for that.

    I miss sleeping on my tummy too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea for movement - awesome isn't it? Wait until it gets stronger - it's seriously the BEST part of pregnancy in my opinion. I never tire of it!

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)