Saturday, November 20, 2010

18w0d

WEEKLY UPDATE

How far along: 18 weeks 0 days. Crciket is the size of a sweet potato! Your fetus has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to you), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that you'll be able to feel those movements soon.

Total weight gain/loss: 19 lbs this morning :(  132.4.  So much for slowing down.  19 lbs!  Wowzers.
Maternity clothes: Oh, yeah!

Stretch marks: Hip and thigh ones are flaring up from puberty.

Sleep: Able to sleep harder now in between bathroom runs :) Lovin' that!  I am up to something like 10-ish hours a night.  What a BUM!

Movement: Picking up in strength in regularity, but no patterns yet.  One day I thought she had moved a trampoline in there...it was the most I have felt.  I am openly admitting that each kick kind of surprises me, and weirds me out a bit.
Cravings/Aversions: Cravings: Nothing specific this week. Aversions: Stinky odors, red meat, and whatever doesn't agree with me on any given day.

Gender: at this point, we have decided not to find out...let's see if we hold steadfast to that! DH says boy, I say girl.

Symptoms: Let me update you on the nasty stuff, as I've been silent on it.  Spike has been absent for nearly 2 weeks, but his kid, Junior, is here EVERY day for at least a while.  So, daily headaches, still.  And I get excited now and then because I will get a day or 2 with no vomit...and then it comes back.  So still dry-heaving quite a bit.  Kinda freaked out my new boss this week.  LOL.  I warned him!  Apparently he didn't realize just HOW serious I was.
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach.

What I look forward to: Regular movement, seeing Hubby's face when he gets to feel her move. Ultrasound in 2 weeks - soooooo excited for that!

Moods: Not bad, mostly happy :)  Except when I'm sick, but oh, well.  Yay for Zo.loft.
Milestones: A complete stranger was sitting with me at work, and I was doing a potty dance.  She said, "I remember what that's like when you're expecting."  I hadn't told her :)  So strangers can tell I'm pregnant!
Medical Concerns: Hypothyroid, anxiety, migraines. Ready for the list? Syn.throid 50 mcg, Zo.loft 100 mg, Zo.fran pump, Iron, D3, B12, Vitamin C, Folic acid, no more prenatals, Bene.fiber, stool softeners. I feel like a major pill popper.

Weekly Wisdom: Stop freaking out over my morning weigh-ins.  It's out of my hands for the most part!
Best moment this week:  Being told that I'm glowing, feeling my babe move.
Worst moment this week: Feeling sick at least part of every day.  I'm used to it, but over it at the same time.  Sigh.

I'm doing 3 pics this week, so you can see a 2 week progression, because, as I mentioned last week, I popped.  To be fair, the week 18 pic is AFTER breakfast, but still accurate.
16 weeks




17 weeks
18 weeks!  See, lots of me getting bigger the last 2 weeks!

8 comments:

  1. Holy crap! You are almost half-way there!!! yipeeeeeeeee.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you look super cutie preggo!!! Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Zoloft! :) You are super cute and for as tiny as you started, you are doing great! Hugs girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the cutest bump! You are definitely looking pregnant! So sorry you are still sick. I think it's totally unfair that you dry heave/puke every day, for the record.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did totally pop! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you have gained 19lb where in the heck is it all;) You look great....and things are going by fast it seems...Yipeee!!!! Def a pop for the belly bump this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pics, esp the 18 weeks one!! I am so sorry Junior is with you. I have moved into that territory myself in the last 2 weeks and it sucks! Yay that strangers can tell you're pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)