Thursday, October 21, 2010

Weirdness

Before I dive in, no, I'm not doing ICLW.  I'm still trying to figure out how to catch up with a week and a half of posts.  I think I may have to bail and just start with, say, yesterday, and hope I didn't miss too much.  Anywho...

For those of you who have followed me for a while, you know all about the Frog and Pixie saga (and no, I'm not linking back...I don't feel like tracking down the posts).  Summary: DH and I have an open marriage.  F&P were my lovers.  Then things went BAD.

Recently, I opened a door I didn't realize I was opening.  When Frog was in the hospital, Hubby and I checked in with them regularly.  They don't really have any friends outside of work. We were it.  And with a new baby...we wanted to make sure they were okay.  Hubby even did an emergency cat food run for them. 

I mentioned that Frog gave me a thank you note, but didn't even look at me.  And remember I mentioned sending them a thank you for helping us get here by referring us to our RE.  And then dropped off the crib.  I thanked him for it at work, and he just kinda blew it off.  But called DH to come help fix it....yeah, they will talk to him, but not me.  At all.  Then we got MORE stuff from them: swing, changing table, and high chair, plus a few random clothes.  And Mikey met the baby (he's sooooo excited to have our own tiny being here after seeing the itty bitty one).  But I'm out in the cold.

WHY???????  I don't UNDERSTAND!  Now, I am incredibly grateful for the donations.  They are incredibly generous.  And I wouldn't turn them away. And I suppose I opened that door.  But when there was no contact, I wasn't questioning things.  And there was no drama.  And I was TOTALLY fine with that.  Now I don't know what.  Because it's quite obvious they still don't want contact with me.  Then why the donations?  I don't understand. 

Any thoughts???

7 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about catching up. I'm struggling with my reading lately. Ugh! There aren't enough hours in the day.

    I wish I could tell you why, but I don't understand why people do anything. Could you just ask? Write them a note? Or would that end badly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, drama sucks. Not sure I have any thoughts, but maybe they feel more uncomfortable about you because of the previous relationship for some reason? I started reading your blog after this situation, so I don't really know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are they just uncomfortable with their past actions? Maybe taking it out by not talking at all to you? Regardless, strange. I'm sorry you have to deal with it though....:(

    Don't worry about catching up...if you need to you can always backtrack for part of the story if you need to!

    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frog is still angry with you but Pixie isn't? Sounds very two steps forward one step back so maybe one of them is happier to have contact than the other one? I dunno just a guess.

    But if they are leaving donations etc it means it isn't totally broken. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it's as simple as they want to get rid of some stuff... probably not but its a nice thought in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm...that's very strange indeed. I can't make sense of it either (helpful comment, I know!) But I think their donations have to be an effort at reaching out. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that weirdness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know...people do things for very strange reasons. I hope you get some answers soon....you deserve them.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)