Thursday, October 28, 2010

Say WHAT?!

Let me just say that I have done all the fun that goes along with IVF and IF. Including the giant needle up the hoo-ha part. So when Dr. Head said he had to ask me a weird question I told him to go for it.

Dr. Head: How do you feel about anal suppositories?
Me: Ummm, okay.

Yeah, you read that correctly.

Because my day wasn't complete without sending my poor hubby into the pharmacy for, well, butt drugs and rubber gloves.

But let me back up. Spike hates me today, and I got to freak out some more people at Dr. Head's office with my fantastic dry-heaving abilities. He was surprised the hospital released me without seeing any improvement or giving me more morphine and some compazine like he had ordered. Oh, well.

Remember the vitamin levels he wanted checked? Apparently they weren't as okay as we want. So, I am anemic, and quite low on D3, mildly low on B12. Starting this evening we are canning the prenatals (GASP!) and switching me to D3, B12, and Iron supps. Along with Folic Acid and Vit. C to round it out. That's 5 pills instead of one. Sigh. Oh, and the iron could cause constipation...LMAO...so much for ALMOST being regular.

And lets not forget the suppositories! Comp.azine up the butt for when Spike is severe. I could use it right now, but honestly...just not ready to take that plunge today.

I am stoked to have a plan. It can take up to 2 weeks to see results, but it had better work in 10 days, because I NEED to go back to work. Even with approval of STD...well, we have another road block. Yeah, you heard me.

Hubby does shelf stocking, independent contractor. They are pulling his partial mileage reimbursement and cutting back on his shifts, for a whopping 50% decrease in paycheck! Starting the day I am supposed to go back to work. Now, he can claim the mileage for taxes, but it just balances out the taxes (so we hope), and to lose that much income is going to hurt...a LOT. We got that official word today. Sigh.

Breathing in and out and focusing on getting better. That's all I can do right at the moment, so that is the plan.

OH! OB appointment Tuesday was pretty routine. Listened to Cricket, who was on the left like I said she would be. The OB thought it was weird I know where Cricket hangs out. But I was right, so take that doctor lady. Poor woman did this in the dark because I couldn't handle the lights. I thought they would do the measure the fundus thing, but she didn't. *shrug* It just seemed kinda...perfunctory. Then again, I had just left the hospital 24 hours earlier. What do I know. Anyway, as usual, Cricket is great, kickin' Mama's ass.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

7 comments:

  1. Ugh - not ideal I know BUT hey some plan and action is better than none right?

    Hey I've just had a thought, maybe because Cricket is kicking your arse while he/she is in you, maybe that means he/she will be a dream babe once OUT of you?

    Here's hoping!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you finally have a plan of action. I hope the drugs, Spike, and Cricket all cooperate and you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, Boyfriend's wages were cut when I was preggo with babe but everyone stepped up and helped. Don't be hesitant in asking for help, you won't regret it. Hang in there with the butt pills too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cut in your hubby's pay cheque is sad. Anyways, I am glad that you have a plan of action, even though it involves your butt in the protocol.

    Let everything work its best, and make things better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for Butt pills! I hope everything sorts itself out with migraine and other pains in the butt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh. I do hope that the suppositories help, though. The rest of this is just one sucky thing on another!

    (Except for Cricket looking good!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suppositories really aren't that bad...you only have to insert them about 1/2 an inch and they are sort of sucked up there (wow that sounded gross but it's really not that bad!)

    Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)