Saturday, September 25, 2010

10w0d

WEEKLY UPDATE

How far along: 10 weeks 0 days - Cricket is 25% cooked!  (And yes, I now refer to the baby as Cricket...don't know why, just kinda started and I like it.  DH calls him/her Speck)

Total weight gain/loss: No idea....I have given up on the scale at home.  So this will get updated with OB appointments.  I WILL tell you that I put on 3-4 inches in hips and abdomen.  Not kidding you!

Maternity clothes: ummm, yeah, I have NO pants left that fit comfortably except stretch or drawstring pants, so anything else is all maternity at this point.  Belly band be damned, these are more comfortable. Shirts are touch and go.

Stretch marks: way too early for those!

Sleep: As often as possible!!! I mean, that, too. Work days are long, so my days off are usually spent napping...with short bursts of being awake.  LOL.

Movement: way too early for that! But I can't wait :)

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings: For the most part it's just a matter of finding something I can tolerate, but the other day I REALLY wanted bacon.  With vanilla ice cream.  LOL.  I got the bacon.  Aversions: Stinky odors, red meat...

Gender: at this point, we have decided not to find out...let's see if we hold steadfast to that!

Symptoms: I'm going to regale you with the stuff I HAVEN'T talked about.  Like the sciatic pain (yes, already), and...I am hornier than a rooster in a hen house. I mean, HORNY.  LOL.  Thought that wasn't supposed to start until 2nd tri, either?  I'm getting ALL symptoms early. What up with that?  Also starting to get something like a mile heartburn, and headaches have been quite persistent, more than usual for me. 

What I miss: Not a thing :) Okay, maybe a cold beer on the patio at the end of a nice day....

What I look forward to: Passing the first trimester :), and actually LOOKING pregnant, as opposed to just like I've put on weight.  Next u/s - I want to see a baby-shaped blob!

Moods: Irritable beyond belief, interspersed with sappy crying. 

Milestones: Double digits, baby.  We are 1/4 of the way there!  Also, full graduation to maternity pants.  LOL.

Medical Concerns: Still taking my Syn.throid at 50mcg.  Not sure when I get b/w again for that.

Weekly Wisdom: Pace myself, and just give up and sleep on my days off.  Food - eat it.  Often.

Best moment this week: Ummmm....Nothing really happened this week.

Worst moment this week: Still ridiculous nausea is messing with my job.  Grrr.

And now, since my FB peeps bugged me about it after I mentioned that I can't wear my pants anymore....a belly pic at 10 weeks.  For comparison, go here to see the belly pre-treatment.  Now you can see, that I really have put on quite a few inches.  LOL. Without further ado:

6 comments:

  1. Happy ICLW!!

    What a cute little bump!! Congrats on your little miracle!!!

    ICLW #100

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pic, sorry about the nausea, LOL @ the horniness!! Perhaps a side effect of all the abstinence from IVF?!! Mmmmm....bacon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic!! I think on the gender and having a surprise is just the two of us in blog-land LOL!! I also had a vicious hornyness but admittedly it started at around 13-14 weeks, beforehand I was just a bit too scared!! But if the OB gave you the all clear enjoy it girl!! For the back pain and sciatic, I found very very soothing doing the "CAT EXERCISE" you know the one where you are on all four and arch gently your back upwards looking at your bellybutton and then gently release going back flat (not arching downards). Also if you are not doing it already sleep with a pillow between your legs, it works wonders!! Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speck was my Starbabys nickname :) I love it...and you look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute!!!! You look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)