Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Nothing Is Certain...

...but Death and Taxes.  Who was that?  Mark Twain? Well, luckily, death isn't in the picture this week (KNOCKS ON LARGE PIECE OF WOOD!). Taxes, however, are. 

Boooooo.


See that up there?  THAT is what happens when the following events collide:
  1. You miss 4 months of work and your company fails to take out enough money from your disability payments.
  2. Your husband is self-employed and, because of #1, cannot put aside money for taxes.
  3. You don't realize that on top of the federal taxes, there is a Self-Employment Tax that is just as much as the other taxes. 
Suffice it to say we will be setting up a payment plan.  And one for next year.  And trying to find a way to consolidate all the medical bills. 

And pray for a miracle so we can use our frosties next year...

12 comments:

  1. Oh, hun! Sorry the government got you this year. I hate that. At least next year you will be able to claim Peanut and, hopefully, that will help some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, were you at least able to write off any of your medical expenses??

    PS: If you are not in a community property state, you can try filing separately and put the medical expenses on your side, to see if you end up benefiting more that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taxes suck big hairy donkey dicks and I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh pet, sorry to hear this. You will get through it though. Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Hope things work out in time for next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sucks! Hoping that your taxes next year are much better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I KNOW! I never understood why the IRS at the end of the year says "Oh, we didn't take enough money out of your check each week so you owe us more." WTF?!

    I'll keep you in my thoughts that you get that miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugggh((( this sucks. I am scared to even think about it what next year bring for us. Fingers crossed for your frostie-plan getting on track next year!!! Yay!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh, were you at least able to write off any of your medical expenses??

    PS: If you are not in a community property state, you can try filing separately and put the medical expenses on your side, to see if you end up benefiting more that way.

    k so I came home and realized this never posted last night...so I'm trying again now. Sorry if it ends up being a dup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sad!

    I hope you are able to have a solid plan for it.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)