Yeah, I'm late, what of it? LOL.
- Thanks for your kind words about our tax situation. To answer some questions, filing separately did not help, and we actually didn't have enough medical to make a difference. Blah. We filed and will wait for them to contact us regarding a payment plan. We could empty our savings paying it all, or we can do payments. We are opting to do payments at this point.
- Frosties: We have not actually made the decision to try for a 2nd child yet, but I am unable to let go. There is still a chance we will donate them. But I believe we will be paying the storage fee for a year to give ourselves time to make a rational decision - well, mostly rational. There is a lot to consider, to be addressed at a later date. Thinking about it makes me cry, so for now, basking in the glow of Peanut.
- We figured out which bottle works best of the ones we have - Breastflow. Pretty nifty.
- Of course, now that we figured that out, he started throwing up formula (definitely NOT spit-up), so we are on a formula break. But it's fine - we still need them for when he starts daycare.
- No, I still don't know if I have my 8 weeks. I called nearly every day this week to the OB and the LOA team at work - turns out Wendy no longer does the paperwork, so I had been leaving messages for the wrong person and no one bothered to tell me. Sigh. Hopefully Monday I will finally get to clear things up. Dear me, I'm not ready to be heading back in 2 weeks. Fucking USA.
- We have NOT started cloth diapers yet - we have a few different kinds, but he's still too small for me to deal with it. ADVICE NEEDED: we need buckets for soaking, right? Before we take them to launder? And what goes in the buckets? Just water???
- Peanut is still in preemie clothes! Though, anything with feet are now too short. And happily, a friend from my old part-time job has a big box of newborn clothes for me :-) Yay!
- Thank you cards are written, now have to address, and put together the birth announcements, too. I have tons of stuff I have to send out, and gifts for some of you ladies to get out. Hopefully will get that finished this weekend.
- And finally, I owe you nursery photos! Long overdue, but we barely got it finished before Peanut arrived, and then the bed from our room was in there for 2 weeks, but now it is REALLY finished, so I present to you, the nursery!
|Welcome to the nursery!|
|This is the little rug Littlest found - right in the entrance.|
|This one is in the center of the floor.|
|Right side of the room - futon, and closet.|
|Wall directly opposite the door - that dresser was $5 at a garage sale,|
and with some sanding and paint love, we have a gorgeous piece! And
those corner shelves rock my world. The chair rocks and swivels, and
was FREE. Blanket courtesy of Nana :-)
|Changing table was a donation from Frog and Pixie - sand and paint |
love :-) Masks on the left are from my time in Africa (well, 2 of them).
|Dresser on the right was in my mom's garage and was icky. Again, |
happy sanding and painting! Crib is convertible, and the framed art
above the crib is the poem "Tuesday's Child" or something like that,
done in Calligraphy by my aunt.
So, that's the nursery! There is also a play room leading to the nursery, but it's still a bit in progress. I'm happy with what we did with our limitations :-)