Thursday, January 19, 2012

What a Year Brings

One year ago today, after beginning to feel better from a cold, I headed out to the mall for some new maternity shirts with a friend.  And went into labor. 

At just shy of 27 weeks. 

Within hours of that, a dear bloggy friend found out that her daughter Lola had had a heart attack and not survived...but she was not told for 6 days. 

A year later, we both have seen a lot of changes.  I am eternally grateful to the doctors, and especially the nurses, who helped keep my baby boy cooking for 8 more weeks, and shocked to find myself 1 day shy of him being 10 months old.  It feels like the blink of an eye.

And my dear friend?  Just 3 days shy of her sister's birthday, Lady Season arrived safe and sound and beautiful.  What a difference a year makes.  Please go wish her congratulations.  She has been a pillar of strength, and an inspiration to so many of us. 

Cannot believe how far we have come.

2 comments:

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)