Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Potty Training May Kill Me

We bit the bullet.  Again.  But not giving up this time.  Potty training is on like Donkey Kong.

P is a heavy wetter.  Like 10 diapers a day filled to the brim heavy wetter.  He peed all of 3 times on day 1. That's it.  Needless to say he leaked through his overnight diaper.  Stubborn as a mule.  I mentioned that, right?

We have undies for him, but I think that's too confusing for him to start because he will pee right through them, so we're starting naked.  Every 30 minutes on the potty.

My questions are: when do you train them to stand up and pee?  And how do you get them to go poop?!?!  He is holding it.  I'm dreading that blowout.  My sitter is a saint for helping with this.

I know that a child who uses a toilet will be amazing once we get there, but I really despise this process.

But I figure that if he taught himself to read before the age of 3 he can bloody well use a potty.  Right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)