Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers

What a week!  So I'm joining in the Friday Night Leftover train so as to cover some things I haven't been able to.  Happy Friday!

  • First of all, thanks to all who responded to my post yesterday.  I got all weepy at work.  I love you guys.  I feel better now.  I was just worried about my posts affecting you :)  Thanks for all the support!
  • Have seen Dr. Back (chiropractor) 3 times now, and there is DEFINITE improvement.  By the end of the day I am still in a lot of pain, but overall...soooooo much better.  Early in the week I wanted to hit him, now I want to hug him :)
  • We have been working on a settlement for DH's back injury for months now - we were supposed to get a check this week.  But the judge bounced it back to the company...because he thinks we should get MORE!  So, we shall hang on a few more weeks.  It is going to allow us to pay off credit card debt, start working on medical bills, pay off the 'rents, fix THE CAR, and get a 2nd car :)  And maybe allow me to take a full 3 months of maternity leave...Cannot wait to get caught up!
  • Speaking of the car - we thought we blew the radiator this morning, but we tightened up a hose, and she's hanging on.  Please, Rosie, make it a couple more weeks and then you get to go in for a much-overdo overhaul!
  • No word yet on the approval of my bathroom breaks.  Whatever.  I'm still taking them.  They can suck my big fat hairy toe. 
  • The crib (new) and the used one we received are STILL in the dining room.  LOL.  Umm, yeah, we could use a little help getting stuff done around the house, LOL.
  • I miss my hubby.  This new schedule is hard on both of us.  :(  And partly why there is still furniture for the nursery and trash in our dining room.
  • My brain knows that Christmas is next weekend, but I am so not feeling it this year.  Probably because we couldn't afford to buy gifts for anyone, so I wasn't really prompted to get my butt in gear and decorate n stuff. 
  • I have started a notepad entitled "Cricket List" to keep track of all the things we need to get done.  I thought it would make me feel better to start putting it all on paper...ummm, nope, just making me more panicky.  It's a long list.  And I NEVER get anything done because I haven't had the energy.  My mom is going to come up some Sunday after the holidays and help me.  Maybe having help will motivate me.
Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are missing hubby :( Hope the crib get moved soon! Great to hear about your back being better! Don't worry about your Cricket list, it WILL get done. When is maternity leave for you? Take care :)

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)