Saturday, March 12, 2011

34w0d

WEEKLY UPDATE


34 weeks - the 33 week pic wouldn't load
correctly, sorry!
How far along: 34 weeks 0 days. Cricket is the size of a honeydew. Cricket's fat layers are filling her out, and her central nervous system and lungs continue to mature.  Should be 4.5-5 lbs.

Total Weight Gain: 156.4 lbs - 43 lbs!  Eek!  How am I still putting on 2-3 lbs a week? Oh, right, I get zero excercise. 

Maternity clothes: I bought myself a dress for the shower tomorrow - styles this year run hippie-ish (read: baggy and flowy), so I actually got it in the regular section!
Sleep: A miracle happened last night: I slept for 3 hours straight twice!  Which is a damn miracle!  Normally it's only 1.5-2 hours.  And the nightmares have calmed down now that I'm off the Procardia, which is a nice break.  Phew.

Movement: She's definitely got a schedule, though the only time I've noticed the actual TIME of day is at 10 pm, almost like clockwork.  All movement is either below the belly button, or on the right side.  NADA on the left - still got her butt jammed up in my ribs under the tattoo. 
Cravings/Aversions: Cravings: All things potato. Aversions: Red meat.

Close up of how the belly button and
tattoo are doing.  Definitely stretching
out, but still looking good!
Sex: My subconscious thwarts me nearly every night.  My dreams are X-rated.  Not kidding.  I am hoping they lift my pelvic rest in a couple weeks.  I'm gonna go bonkers, LOL.

I was trying to capture the lopsided
thing I've got going on, but it didn't
really work...


Symptoms: My right milk producer seems to be more of a producer - but it's also way to early to tell.  I'm going based on how much colostrum I can express.  Big news: after nearly 8 months of pooping lumps of coal very irregularly, my digestive system seems to have balanced out.  Can I just say that normal poop after that long is actually a bit of a shock to the system?  LOL.  And uber-gas has returned.  Man, the things coming out of my ass right now should be quarantined.  Still have the rib pain from kiddo's bum.  I have figured out a way to thwart heartburn most times - all food and pills are followed by a swig of Pepto...seems to be working well :)  Hmmm, maybe that's why I poop normally now?  Sciatic pain - yeowwwww!  Makes me hobble like an old lady. Oh!  Pregnancy brain - do you know how many times I have tried to either find the milk in the pantry, or put it away there???
What I miss: Sleeping for long periods of time, getting in and out of chairs, bed, what-have-you unassisted.  LOL.

What I look forward to: Baby shower tomorrow!!!!
Moods: MUCH better this week.  After Sunday and Monday's utter meltdown I am feeling better, crawling out of my pity party.  Thanks for all the kind words, friends :)
Milestones: All heavy nursery stuff has been completed and I can get in there this week to make it pretty!

Medical Concerns: Hypothyroid, anxiety, migraines, bursitis, PTL (ie Helga is a cranky bitch), IC. Ready for the list? Syn.throid 50 mcg, Zo.loft 100 mg, Iron x 3 (my anemia is getting worse and worse), D3, B12, Vitamin C, Folic acid, stool softeners. Flexeril a bit longer, Tylenol 3 for the migraines, Unisom so I sleep a bit better.

Weekly Wisdom: Pepto is your friend. 

Best moment this week: Unexpected surprises in the mail from my dear bloggy friends.  I love you all!
Worst moment this week: Hospital Sunday - that was scary and shitty.

4 comments:

  1. What a cool pregnant women! I really like her tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not trying to be a nag, but did you get an okay from the doc for the Pepto? I'm just asking because that was one of the things I was told I shouldn't use when I was pregnant. (It used to contain a form of aspirin--not sure if it does anymore or not.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the shower was lovely! LOL at the pregnancy brain, and sorry about the sciatica, I have it too. Thanks for your friendship :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be missing sleeping long periods of time for quite some time sistah :) Enjoy your shower!!

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)