Saturday, March 5, 2011

33w0d

WEEKLY UPDATE

How far along: 33 weeks 0 days. Cricket is the size of a honeydew. Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.


Total Weight Gain: 153.8 lbs. I have hit the 40 lb mark.  With a 4lb baby.  Really?

Maternity clothes: Hell yeah! Some of my shirts are actually getting a bit, umm, short...with 2 months (we hope!) to go!  Maternity pants are also getting a bit snug around the bum.

Sleep: I stay in bed about 10-12 hours some nights (excluding the NUMBEROUS trips to the bathroom). Some days I also take a 1-2 hour nap. I give props to the non-bedrest babes who work and stay active the whole time - serious props.

Movement: Turns out that's her bum in my ribs on the right causing me all that pain.  Little stinker.
Cravings/Aversions: Cravings: Nothing big this week. Aversions: Red meat.

Sex: Well, it's about time to start placing your votes! I have been convinced since the beginning that Cricket is a girl - but it's a great mystery!

Symptoms: Crazy, crazy Procardia induced dreams continue. Heartburn. And I think the hemorrhoids have begun.  Le sigh.  Oh, and horrid right sided pain under my rib cage, front and back.  And a TMJ flare up out of the blue.  Good times.

What I miss: Belly sleeping, sex - and control.  Good training I suppose.
What I look forward to: Baby shower is in 1 week!  And then meds stop!  Holy moly!
Moods: Basket. Case. 
Milestones: Hopefully Cricket topped 4lbs this week. 
Medical Concerns: Hypothyroid, anxiety, migraines, bursitis, PTL (ie Helga is a cranky bitch), IC. Ready for the list? Syn.throid 50 mcg, Zo.loft 100 mg, Iron, D3, B12, Vitamin C, Folic acid, stool softeners. Flexeril a bit longer, Tylenol 3 for the migraines, Procardia 20 mg 3x/day, Unisom so I sleep a bit better.

Weekly Wisdom: Be VERY specific with Hubby or he won't do things I need done.  Gotta spell it out.
Best moment this week: Seeing Cricket :-)
Worst moment this week: Honestly it's been a crap week.  Moving on to next week.

4 comments:

  1. Oh you should see the doctor asap, the right side pains may be (and often are) the sign of beginning of pre-eclampsia. Please go check with your doctor or midwife about that, particularly, if nothing else for just peace of mind !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how did the time pass so damned fast. I can't believe you are at 33 weeks already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting close :). I have friends who outgrew their maternity shirts too..I'm short torsoed, so I don't think I will, but who knows!

    I'll have to ponder my gender guess for you :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It ain't been an easy ride for you darlin but you're really getting there now. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)