Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Green Eyed Lady

Frog and Pixie welcomed Baby #2, C, a little boy who looks just like his daddy, into the world yesterday early morning.  On P's 11-month birthday.

I swear I was going to go to the hospital yesterday to meet and hold him.  I swear I am so happy for them. 

But I am fairly certain that I am exuding the color green, from my irises to the tips of my hair and that it is shining out of my toes.  These are the time I know I am A: Not done, and B: Not cured.  For the record, I WANT to hold that baby.  Oh, do I want to hold that baby.  But...I dread the emotions that will come with it.  The aching in my uterus.  The pain in my chest. 

But, I shall go.  I shall congratulate and fawn and cuddle.  And then I will g home and cry and drink and sleep. 

And consider how I look in the color green.

5 comments:

  1. I wonder if those pangs of jealousy ever really go away? I confess that, even now, I am envious whenever I hear about someone who can get pregnant easily, and stay pregnant without fear.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending lots of ((hugs)). I don't know how to let go of that jealousy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it stays with you no matter what. We've started talking about going for #2 even though we really can't afford it right now. At the same time though I know I'm not done either and that I will find a way to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, I so know what you're going through. Those pangs are truly painful.

    And I understand the catch 22 of emotions. So happy for your friends but so sad for yourself.

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)