Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Evil Websites

I keep hearing about Pinterest.  I refuse to join.  Hell, I can't find time to comment on the 200+ blogs I read, why do something else that is addictive?  I can't finish the projects I start now!  So, I'm boycotting it.  LOL.  I don't need more ideas that will never come to fruition.

Caveat:  Helene, that evil wench sent me a link to Houzz.com.  Apparently it is like Pinterest, only specifically for interior design.  Like I said, she is an evil wench.*  I have been struggling with deciding how I want to paint/decorate each room.  You know, with all my leftover fundage.  *sarcasm*  I have 8 million ideas, but can't condense them into a cohesive theme.  So on this, I am making progress :-)  It will be a while coming, but I am going to have an amazing finished house!

The downfall to this site is that it makes me drool.  That's messy at work.  I think I liked one bedroom photo just because I want a view like that out of my windows.  It would be awesome if there were photos of ho-hum houses like 99% of us live in.  You know...weird long rooms with basic walls and ceilings in suburbia who don't have thousands to spend on renovations.  But hey, I can still steal ideas!

You have been warned.  Enter that site at your own risk.  I'm just sayin'. 

In the quest of said house, today begins the mortgage inquisition.  Eep!


*I of course am joking.  I'm sure she knows this, but thought perhaps I should clarify.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think all those sites just make me feel overwhelmed, somewhat useless and just plain pitiful. Where on earth do people find the time much less the money to do these things?! I wish I could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say - I have loved Pinterest for marking activities for JB and recipes. I've given up on my house until the kids (including Joey) are grown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that is definitely the one thing I despise about Houzz is it makes me wonder where these people get the money to do all these amazing, fabulous ideas!!

    I have been getting some great ideas though...just have to find a way to fit it into our budget. Ugh.

    My husband thinks I'm an evil wench...so you may not be too far off from the truth. Heehee!

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)