Thursday, April 25, 2013

Join The Movement: Putting It Out There

For so many, the journey through Infertility is a long, painful, SILENT one.  Infertility is often a "silent disease" for a number of reasons.  You can't SEE it.  People don't like to talk about it because it involves highly personal issues and decisions, and those things also make others uncomfortable.  Which just perpetuates the silence.

I was never quiet about it.  But we all know I have TMI issues.  But what I learned by being open about it was that it made others comfortable enough to talk about their struggles.  I became a "go-to" person.
 Which made me feel great!  We could help each other out!

No one should have to be alone in their struggles.  I'm not saying go out and advocate publicly.  It's a personal decision.  But even in a small capacity - a private blog, a private Twitter account (love me some Twitter!!!) - you can find support and BE support.  

You are not alone.  I promise.  You aren't.

Put it out there.

The Basics of Infertility
National Infertility Awareness Week 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)