Friday, December 20, 2013

What's It Say?

I had no idea that at 2 years 8.5 months old I would have a kid who could read basic words.  I'm not talking words he learned from videos.  I'm talking words he has never seen.  He can sound out many 2 syllable words, in some cases 3 syllables.  We have trouble with side-by-side vowels and longer words, but really?  He's 2.  This is not surprising.

I can't take any of the credit.  It's all those damn alphabet learning videos with which he is obsessed.  Some of them teach kids to sound out words.  I never thought he paid much attention or could comprehend those.

Apparently he can.

So everything is "What's it say?" from him, and then 9 times out of 10 he will read it himself.  Street signs, books, t-shirts, movie titles on Hulu.  Seriously?  How did I get a kid who can read before he is 3???

I am so in trouble, aren't I?


2 comments:

  1. Or he could be a genius!! Love to you all and thanks for the kind words. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome!! Kids are pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)