Thursday, December 5, 2013

Obsess, Obsess, It Really Is The Best

Phelan is obsessed with the alphabet.  I'm not sure I can emphasize too strongly how much he is obsessed.  And it's been going on for the better part of this year.  He makes us write out the letters over and over and over and...you get the point...on his magnetic board.

Yesterday, at 2 years 8 months, and 2 weeks my son starting writing letters himself.  Not all of them yet, but at least half.  By. Him. Self.

I did the "I'm so proud of my son I can't stand still" dance repeatedly.  I was giddy.  I called AND texted my mom.  Because my 2 year old is WRITING.

Nevermind all the words he recognizes by sight.  Yup, he'll be reading within a year I bet.

Proud, proud mama.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, how exciting! I've been getting multiple requests to sing the ABCs, both in German and in English, in our daily bike-rides home. Gwen's started associating letters with words ("P, puppy!") and a few weeks ago, when she turned 2, I made the rash hypothesis that she'd be reading by 3. Nice to see that there are other kids out there who are on the way to doing so!

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)