Woohoo! Where I get to spew random facts that have accumulated in my brain all week! *insert evil laugh here*
- Mother Nature is on a rampage in the US. Earthquake in Colorado. Earthquake in VA (felt along nearly the entire Eastern seaboard!!!). Hurricane Irene.
- I have a theory about all of it. Wanna hear it? No? Too bad. The company I work for has a call center in Colorado Springs - rare earthquake. 12 hours later, 2 more centers feel another rare earthquake (including mine). Puerto Rico call centers hit by Irene the next 2 days. Now, our center is facing the hurricane as well. So, Mother Nature is out to get my company. ROFL.
- I do not mean to laugh at those in the way of Irene. I know it's scary. I just refuse to get all worked out, and you have to admit, there is a solid theory there.
- You ever have a food that when cold makes you shudder in revulsion and you swore you would never eat it in that condition? I do: oatmeal. Today I hit a new low. I ate it cold. I make a huge bowl to eat for breakfast at work - I didn't eat it fast enough. 3 hours later I was still eating it. Cold. In all its nastiness. And oddly, I didn't care. Added milk, cinnamon, etc helped.
- I got my nails done for my birthday almost 3 weeks ago. Because I had been chewing on them and I had birthday money. Now I don't kow what to do with them. Can't afford to keep them up, hate ripping them off. Considering taking Hubby's Dremmel (sp???) to them, LOL.
- I have heard nothing back from my phone interview last week and it's driving me BONKERS. I sent a follow-up email today.
- Okay, P is up to 14 lbs minimum (yes, he has tripled his birth weight!), so giving in and this weekend means reorganizing all the drawers again so he is in 3-6 month clothes. For real this time. I mean it.
- How the hell did my scrawny Benjamin Button kiddo turn into roly poly kid with no neck? Yes, you may now sing selections from "Rocky Horror Picture Show."
- P turned 5 months last Saturday - I didn't do a post. I am sooo behind in that kind of thing. But, I post pics...you can see he is growing, chubby, smiling, etc. And...occasionally LAUGHING! Oh, yeah, baby. Best sound ever.
- Still not on solids, but we give him a baby spoon to play with every other day or so to get used to what it is. I feel like I am supposed to KNOW he is ready, but honestly...not a damn clue. 6 months it is, LOL.
- We have started the switch to cloth wipes using Diaper Lotion Potion! I'm excited. Hubby said, "Great, more stuff to wash." I didn't point out that I have done the laundry for the last month...
- I have decided to do a Couch to 5K. Gah! Foot is pretty much healed. BUT, there are a couple things I have to sort out. First, as I cannot afford a gym membership, and Hubby needs sleep, I will have to take P in his stroller to do it. Which means weather can SEVERELY impact me. Which means I need to be diligent on nice days. ALSO, our town is uber hilly. So...mayhaps I walk to the flat walking path by the creek first and count that as my starting point? Thoughts?
******Continued Saturday morning******
- I NEED to make this, and yes, I have found a pattern :-)
- Another new first for me: I went to bed with P around 9 pm last night. He was in his cradle. I woke to him chattering at 1:30...with an empty bottle next to him. Hubby was out delivering papers. I apparently grabbed the bottle, shook it up, took the cap off, and fed him. While SLEEPING. Bad, bad sign.
- Have to work today. Damn. Wanted to prep for storm. It is completely throwing off my weekend. Sigh. Hunker down and be safe my friends.