Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Candle, Both Ends

I got a job. 2, actually.  In addition to Fertility Authority, I am now working with an after school program called AlphaBest.  I started Monday.

And OMG.  I've been a SAHM for 18 months - 7 or 8 of which I was in intense therapy.  And now I'm having to be social, functional, and in charge of nearly 20 1st graders.  It's exhausting.  My house is a mess.  I miss my kids.  I have barely eaten because I can't seem to find enough time for basic self-care.

I am so overwhelmed!  I'm trying to give myself a break, though.  I know there is a transition period.  I KNOW this.  But the last 2 days have been so hard.  I just want to crawl into a hole at night.  And I'm training for Fertility Authority tomorrow!  I thought I was busy "just" with the kids.  Holy hell, I've opened a whole new door.

I'm trying not to overextend myself, but let me tell you, all of a sudden projects are lining up.

  • 2 jobs
  • assisting with a blog for the Frisco Moms group I'm in on FB
  • crocheting hats for a charity
  • working on getting my own crochet projects started again
  • POSSIBLY finally making some headway on the whole non-profit thing I wanted to do 
  • helping a neighbor's son get to school the mornings his dad/aunt can't take him
I think I actually forgot some.  I have to pump.  The house doesn't clean itself.  Food also does not make itself.  

How did I do this stuff before???  

I'm happy to finally be doing things that make me feel like I contribute in some way, but wow...just wow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)