Tuesday, December 4, 2012

13w - 2nd Trimester, Y'all!

Today was my first "pregnancy timeline goal."  Reaching the 2nd trimester.  I feel like last pregnancy flew by but this one is taking its sweet time.  I "popped" over the weekend.  I feel like I look more pregnant and less bloated/full.


How far along: 13w0d - Grasshopper is the size of a peach - 2.9" crl. Can you believe she's forming vocal cords and teeth?!  And even though she's still teeny, she already has fingerprints.  Her intestines are moving from the umbilical cord to their more permanent place, in her tummy.

Total Weight Gain: Holding steady at about 10lbs gain. Oy.

Maternity clothes: Yes, especially pants.  OMG, so happy to have inherited a stack of pants that fit and are comfortable.

Sleep: Back to sleeping like the dead, but not needing to nap every day.  Progress!

Movement: Every now and then I feel something that doesn't feel like anything else I can recognize.  But hello, 13w?  Probably not.  Also found out last week that my placenta is anterior, so that may make it more difficult.

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings: Keeping it bland over here (except for spicy CA rolls.  Nom nom nom!)  NO MEAT, no coffee.  Veggie stuff and cereal and koolaid for the win.

Sex: If you saw my post the other day, you know how this is going.  Sigh.

Symptoms: Boobs - I no longer have any sort of bra that fits.  I give up.  Nipples are so sensitive it's insane.  Extremely thirsty.  Food aversions.  Round ligament stretching.  Still occasional nausea, generally triggered by food.

What I miss: Honestly, klonopin.  I have weaned down to just one med which is L2 for breastfeeding.  But it's harder to keep myself under control.

What I look forward to: Another brief scan this week, and one again on Christmas Eve :-)  Movement.

Moods: I've been angry as of late, due to frustration regarding our living situation, finances, etc.  So ready for some change.

Milestones: 2nd trimester!  Woot!  (Some apps say I still have another week.  F them, LOL.)

Medical Concerns: Waiting to see what my placenta does so that I know whether I have any sort of a shot at trying for a VBAC.  It could be quite some time before I know this.  Still, going to make some phone calls because will most likely need to change OBs.

Weekly Wisdom: If Hubby wants meat, Hubby cooks meat.  And eats it in another room.  After lighting candles to destroy the meat stench.

Best moment this week: U/S a week ago.  I was so nervous going in and seeing Grasshopper moving all around was wonderful :-)

13 weeks. Today I look bloated again, but I swear
yesterday it looked more like a bump.

4 comments:

  1. I've noticed if I've eaten a big meal or have to go to the bathroom, my stomach looks huge, then as soon as I go, it's like my stomach deflates, haha! I swear I'm feeling movement too, so we can both be crazy together I guess. :) Happy 2nd trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! If you are thinking of a doula... :) Good luck on the VBAC, too!! Awesome and hoping for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the 2nd tri! You look fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)