Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Unglamorous Side Of Motherhood

2 nights ago Finn threw up in the middle of the night. I rolled in it, it was all over the pillows and bedding. The mattress still smells like it. We cleaned up as best we could and slept elsewhere. Over the last couple of days he's had diarrhea. leading to explosive diapers and poopy EVERYTHING, including me. We have a potty training 3yo. Let's just say bodily functions and fluids have been running my life more so than usual.

Last night, in the span of an hour, I cleaned up diarrhea, then got vomited on, got Finn and I into the bath to wash up where Phelan joined us. After we got out, Phelan pooped in the bath (we are having trouble with that aspect of potty training), and then he got distracted and peed on the side of the couch/floor. We are getting our money's worth out of the spot cleaner we bought. Hubby now has it's process down pat.

Just when I thought we were through the horror, first thing this morning there was more explosive poop and an outfit change for 2 of us.

The good news is that I'm laughing about it. Because crying just seems like overkill.

Also, I don't have the energy to cry. I'm too busy cleaning vomity poopy peed on clothes and bedding.

2 comments:

  1. A paste of water and borax spread on the mattress, allowed to dry and vacuumed off will get rid of the smell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy. Sorry you're having a tough time right now :(

    ReplyDelete

Whip me, beat me, take away my charge card. Or just leave a comment. Whichever works best for you :)