And OMG. I've been a SAHM for 18 months - 7 or 8 of which I was in intense therapy. And now I'm having to be social, functional, and in charge of nearly 20 1st graders. It's exhausting. My house is a mess. I miss my kids. I have barely eaten because I can't seem to find enough time for basic self-care.
I am so overwhelmed! I'm trying to give myself a break, though. I know there is a transition period. I KNOW this. But the last 2 days have been so hard. I just want to crawl into a hole at night. And I'm training for Fertility Authority tomorrow! I thought I was busy "just" with the kids. Holy hell, I've opened a whole new door.
I'm trying not to overextend myself, but let me tell you, all of a sudden projects are lining up.
- 2 jobs
- assisting with a blog for the Frisco Moms group I'm in on FB
- crocheting hats for a charity
- working on getting my own crochet projects started again
- POSSIBLY finally making some headway on the whole non-profit thing I wanted to do
- helping a neighbor's son get to school the mornings his dad/aunt can't take him
I think I actually forgot some. I have to pump. The house doesn't clean itself. Food also does not make itself.
How did I do this stuff before???
I'm happy to finally be doing things that make me feel like I contribute in some way, but wow...just wow...